Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Samantha is 4 years old and has very loose limbs. I was thinking about sending her to the doll hospital. Good idea? My mom thinks I should wait till they fall off, but I rather her get them fixed before they fall off. First of all, should I send her? Second, if I do send her, what type of repair should I get a reattachment of limbs or new limbs? And 3rd has anyone ever done this? Does anyone else have this problem. How nice is their hair when it comes back? My Sam's looks in the middle. She has no curl and its a bit frizzy and not very soft, but good from a distance. Is it worth the money to send her?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I were you, I would just restring her joints and put off sending her to the hospital until she needed major work. Restringing is fairly easy to do and has the benefit of letting you really bond with your doll. After all, you will have "fixed her up" yourself...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't feel comfortable restringing your doll yourself there are people on board who may be willing to do it for you, AsianAG and Janine_Nicole to name a couple. The doll hospital will clean the vinyl and brush your doll's hair and put it in a ponytail and that's it. They won't wash the hair or recurl it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm always happy to do re-stringing and/or hair re-conditioning for board members' dolls--if you're interested, just PM me for rates and details. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone! So is reattachment like restringing? The one thing I like about the AG doll hospital is how they send them back. You know, that purple outfit and balloon. Is there anything I can do for Samanthas hair? its just so straight now and it feels coarse!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 05, 2006 10:59 PM: Message edited by: dollsforadoll ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dollsforadoll:
    Thanks everyone! So is reattachment like restringing? The one thing I like about the AG doll hospital is how they send them back. You know, that purple outfit and balloon. Is there anything I can do for Samanthas hair? its just so sratight now and it feels coarse!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In order... Restringing is the replacement of the elastic cords that hold the limbs to the body. Reattachment is restringing when the old cord has completely broken, essentially the same as restringing except you don't have to cut the old cord as it is already broken.

Yes, the hospital outfit is waaaay cute. I can do without the balloon, but my Molly is still proudly wearing her hospital bracelet.

The best thing for her hair would be a complete washing with wig shampoo, followed by a Downy Dunk. The instructions are available on this board. After the Dunk, you will want to steam her hair to either add curls by steaming the hair while it is in curlers or make it ironing board straight. Either way, steaming is the way to make it last.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a silly question...

When you steam doll hair, do you put the iron on the hair or up to it?

I = clueless.

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sparklyyy:
    I have a silly question...

When you steam doll hair, do you put the iron on the hair or up to it?

I = clueless.

Erin
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't worry, I have no clue either!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww, thanks for making me feel better. Glad to know I'm not alone! I'm sure someone will have a helpful answer for us in no time at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sparklyyy:
    Awww, thanks for making me feel better. Glad to know I'm not alone! I'm sure someone will have a helpful answer for us in no time at all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Erin
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No problem! Don't you love to know you're not the only one! lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast