Thread: eBay Wishlist...have you updated yours?--OPINIONS needed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Time to update the wishlists! If you want to keep your list on the thread, make sure it has a creation or edited date after June 30th.

The thread is getting very, very long so please check your list to make sure it complies with the following:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Keeping to the limit of <font size="10">5 retired AG items</font></font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Removing obtained items, not striking through them and/or noting that an item has been acquired</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When you update your post, delete previous ?Edited by? entries created by prior edits. There should only be one "Edited by" entry per post!</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This list is for retired eBay items, please do not add items to your list that are currently available.

Does anyone need this reminder each month? Or can I just edit without warning? The initial post on the Sticky has been updated that the posts will be pruned each month but I will continue to post a "warning" thread each month if you need the advance notice. Opinions, please?

Tracy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 02:50 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up! I have been trying to keep mine up to date and will check it again to be sure. And thanks for making the 5 retired things so big and mentioning that it's for retired items as well. I had wondered why those wishlists weren't deleted since they didn't comply. That said, I better go check mine to make sure I don't have too many!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't want to start editing wish lists for content. That would just be too tempting to delete my wish list items off of everyone else's lists. [img]wink.gif[/img]

The purpose of the guidelines is to keep the lists as short and memorable as possible. By adding in current items, it decreases the likelihood that a retired, more hard-to-find item will be remembered from someone's list.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by OSusannah:
    Does anyone need this reminder each month? Or can I just edit without warning?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For various reasons too tedious to detail, I think your best bet is to put up this same reminder each month. Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree - a reminder/warning each month would be a very thoughtful gesture. *scurries off to edit wishlist*

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just checking. [img]wink.gif[/img] OK I'll keep reminding everyone each month.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree--a reminder would be very helpful for me too! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Thanks, Tracy! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Joy
    (scurries off to join Jeanette in the editing room) [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 12:58 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>