Thread: For anyone with an Ebay or Paypal Account especially Sellers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought this warning might be of interest to our members who sell on Ebay. Please reas the attched article. I am not sure how to make it directly linkable but if someone else can- please do.

http://collectdolls.about.com/od/auc...rauddollsv.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I looked at your link and read the story, but for some reason the site didn't look right to me.
    I went to my search line and typed in "Dollsville.com" and the site looked different.
    Maybe this really did happen, but is this a phishing thingy??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had my eBay account hijacked twice within the past six months, and it is such a pain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep! It has happened to me too! Also to my Mom and the fees on hers were over $5,000! And get this...she has never even sold anything on ebay, just been a buyer.

What everyone should do to protect themselves is to periodically change your password. Ebay told me that crooks are getting so high-tec that they now have programs to record passwords! That's right, they can tap into your computer and any number or combo that you enter over an over they can find it!

It is really a pain too, because if they do this you won't be able to log on to your account! The only way I found to even contact ebay was through my mother's account and when it happened to her, she contacted them through my account!

What a pain! I don't know about the rest of you, but I end up sending spoof email to paypal and ebay at least 10 times a month now! If you get an email that looks like its from ebay or paypal
    forward it to either [email protected] or [email protected]. NEVER click on a link within an email to verify account info or anything else. If you aren't sure it's really from them, log on to your account in the regular way and look at your messages. BOTH companies will ALWAYS post a copy of emails that they send to you here. If it's not there, they didn't send it!

Good luck to you all. Hopefully the criminals won't be able to do this much longer. Maybe the good guys will be able to find a way to stop this forever.

JenniferRobin

Originally posted by Boop0415:
    I looked at your link and read the story, but for some reason the site didn't look right to me.
    I went to my search line and typed in "Dollsville.com" and the site looked different.
    Maybe this really did happen, but is this a phishing thingy??
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't think so. A phishing email would have asked for personal info, and this article asked for nothing. And I think the reason it looks differetn than going to dollsville.com is because you are viewing the article through/on about.com, a valid and popular website for news and info about everything under the sun.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My account also got hijacked this summer. The only thing I could remember that might have cuased itwas that I recieved an ebay question from someone about an auction I had sold. It looked like the official e-mail and I clicked on the auction, which also looked official. I toyed with trying to contact the person to tell them the question had come to me by mistake but I never did. Anyways, I recieved that exact e-mail again twice last week and didn't click on anything. I should have just went to the ebay site to check it out first before clicking on the auction link in the e-mail.

These crooks, I mean guys are getting smarter and smarter!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3castles is right about not opening any links on emails that ask about your ebay account.

I also get these emails but since I send each one to spoof I am getting fewer and fewer. They say I have sold a watch and need to click a link to update my records. Or some wording like that. Some emails are worded very tricky, you really don't know if they are from ebay or not. I have gotten to where I send all letters to [email protected] just to be sure.

As 3Castles recommends "NEVER click on a link within an email to verify account info or anything else If you aren't sure it's really from them, log on to your account in the regular way and look at your messages. BOTH companies will ALWAYS post a copy of emails that they send to you here. If it's not there, they didn't send it!

Thought that was worth posting twice.

I think that was good advice to change our passwords.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]