Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why can't we post the info on the new stuff publicly?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure the legalities, definition, etc., of crossposting but I do know it happened to me one time. I posted something on a board and later went to another board only to find my post already there. It wasn't a big deal or secret or anything but it did kinda bother me. I probably would have posted it there myself anyway but I felt like they were my words/thoughts to share. Since then I've been very aware of it. To me it's like when a friend asks you not to tell another friend something. You may not agree with their decision but you should honor their wishes. They usually have a reason.

Lindsey Forever

I don't know why people keep saying to join the other board, I asked there first about the items, and never got a response, but here got one within 30 minuts of asking. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I love reading all of your posts and am looking forward to sharing my love of AG with you. I've been a lurker for years and have really enjoyed reading all of your posts!!!

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well each board has its pluses. HB is a fast pace streaming board, and if you want a responce fast... this is your best bet. AGPT at this time is set for archive help. Like its easy to have a reviews column or a for sale post. You can choose a catagory and find specific things you are looking for.

I love the fact that the two complement each other because they vary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's great! Does the other board have any info on the boxes that AG has used in the past?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with KitKat. If someone finds something out from their PS, then they can post whatever they want. It doesnt matter if it is also on another board. Everything is all out in the open now, so it doesnt matter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no rule on this board about cross posting. We have enough rules already and are not about to try and enforce another one where we would have to go outside our board to check sources. It is too time consuming. If you find something out from your personal shopper or the copyright application site, post it! We would love to hear about it.

If you read another message board, it is not considered polite to copy and paste the information and put it on our board. It is polite to ask the person posting it if you can relay the information to this board.

As far as legalities, I don't think anything is illegal as far as posting information regardless of whether or not you get permission. However, if the other boards you belong to have a rule against it, they may ban you. That is their business and they can conduct their boards the way they want to. I think that in the past, some AG employees belonged to the boards and no one wanted to jeopardize their jobs when they posted confidential information. This was a long time ago and I am unsure if this is still the concern. I have found that there are so many "leaks" at AG that it doesn't take long to get any information out, LOL.

As far as whether or not AG likes message boards? Who cares? The internet and message boards are today's reality. There may be some customer service reps that don't like message boards, but those low level employees come and go. The main goal of a business is sales and money. Our board increases sales and AG has no advertising costs involved in our board. What's not to like about that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by thepidget:
    Judi, thanks for clarifying things! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're welcome. If anyone has any other questions about this, feel free to ask. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, thanks Judi! You basically answered my question! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree about the message boards and AG liking them...you'd think they'd like all the extra sales we bring in...*shrug* but hey, like the old saying goes "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

BTW-Love the new siggy pic. Marisol is so pretty!

thepidget

Judi, thanks for clarifying things! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123