Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can't we post the info on the new stuff publicly?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But the info I got said nothing about having another author. I understand plagairism being wrong etc, but if you don't use the same words it's not plagiarism...(I know the definition of plagiarism is that you can't use the other author's idea either, but we're not talking about ideas here.) Also how is the internet different than speaking in real life...if you say something to a friend and they say it to another friend, that isn't illegal... also, if you post something in the public, don't you run the risk of others repeating the information (maybe in different words) to others? As long as you cite your sources, you're not doing aything illegal. (At least that's how it works with academic papers, etc.) Plus, it's not like the information is owned by the author...(at least in this case)

So that's my question. Why is this "illegal"?

And actually I remember a post where a moderator says that there is no rule against cross posting on this board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just wanted to let you all know that the information I posted about the new stuff coming out was not from another board but info I got from a personal shopper.

thepidget

Originally posted by Tra:
    I'm not trying to be snarky or start anything. I just want to know if there is a legal/moral reason we can't post the info publicly. If there isn't, then I would post it publicly on *another* board. I can see it's not to be allowed here. So...???

Thanks!
    Tra
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's because I'm sort of a newer member here, but I never knew such an issue existed. I think this is a legitimate question to be asking... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't see why this is such an issue. I can understand both points of view but I don't think we need to get heated about it. I think if you were concerned about it being a no-no then I would just post a link to or info about another board where it was found... maybe not the exact thread. I think someone should at least link to AGPT so that new members know where to find it. I also think that if cajun found the info out from HER PS, she should be allowed to post it because it is HER information, not someone else's. I really don't think she needs to ask permission when it is her news.

Most of all, I don't think this is worth fighting about. Just ask the original poster if you can put it here!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am usually just a lurker and hardly ever post on this board. I posted the new info because I wanted to share the exciting news with all the awesome people on this board. Can't wait to see all the pics!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can visit and join American Girl Playthings at www.agplaythings.com. Click on the message board button and you're on your way.

The information is in a member only area of AGPlaythings. It's very detailed and for privacy concerns I did not want the info placed here. It is not about AGPT being better than HB or trying to compete with HB. Both boards are great and serve unique purposes.

Thanks!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 29, 2006 10:39 PM: Message edited by: MissMooMoo ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting the link MissMooMoo. I don't see AGPT as a competitor, but if you want it to just stay on there I can understand your perspective.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cajungirl: I just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing the information you were able to get over the phone while chatting with CS.

And post more often, we'd love to hear from you!

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly or Emily will be getting a new iceskating outfit and stage with velvet seats. Emily will get a nightgown with robe and slippers and these will also be available for the girl. Molly will get a revised Miss Victory outfit too. There will be a perming set to perm the dolls hair. How fun!
    I will call my personal shopper tomorrow to find out more!
    Emily will also getting a dog too!

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok... canjungirls information was hers and hers alone. What she posted on HB isn't even involved here in this cross posting issue. Because she didn't cross post. Kudos to you Canjun for sharing that info we really appreciate it!! So don't think this thread is trying to accuse you of anything.

As for the illegal part... nothing that has been done be it cross posting or information sharing has been illegal. Its like if someone asks you to stop humming because they have a headache... odds are you will stop humming out of curtesy... its not illegal to be humming. Same thing here.

A merry christmas to all and to all a good night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast