Thread: Molly's Red Cross nurse, mini-size?

emer222

I keep looking at Molly's Christmas package, etc. I don't want the box or snow globe....but Molly does need a doll to have adventures with. I was thinking of turning a mini Felicity or Elizabeth into a 1944 Red Cross nurse. (Sometimes these projects become more costly than the item I'm trying to avoid purchasing!)
    All input appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Polly Marie

I don't have any suggestions but I think that your idea is interesting. Please post pics when you've finished. I might do the same because I don't care for the AG accessory set doll.
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the project would become more expensive than Molly's Christmas set (retail for a mini doll is $4 more than the set!). But that said, mini Felicity or mini Elizabeth might look better than the real nurse doll which, in the pictures, looks a bit on the cheap side. (If I were converting one, I'd probably go with Samantha, who should also be pretty cheap to find, and has brown hair and tights already. The hat, cape, and purse would be easy to make; the dress would be a bit more challenging, but looks very simple.)

If you already have a Felicity or Elizabeth that wants a makeover, you could definitelly save some money, although making the tights would be a definite challenge. (I have seen mini doll shoes online, but they're generally pretty expensive, for what you get.)

Let us know what you decide!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Try looking on ebay for the older versions of the set. IMO, the old version of Molly's doll looks a lot better than the current one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before I did that, I would phone and check it isn't available as a replacement part.