Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Josefina has think hair, no strange bumps, and her hair doesn't fall out any more than my other dolls' hair. I would try to get a replacement Josefina. She is too gorgeous to be ruined by a defective doll. I love mine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, her bump is only on one side, so I don't think it's because I'm pulling too tight. I'll try and get a photo of it tomorrow and show you what I mean, it's almost like a cowlick (sp?). I'm heading to AGPLA in about a week, but I'm already going to try and exchange Jess because she came to me with a hole in her shoulder and I hated the replacement that they sent, and I don't think trying to exchange two dolls would go over very well.

Thanks
    Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

P.S. Simplepretty your Josefina in your albums is gorgeous...maybe she has better hair because she is PM??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maybe, but I know that other people have been very happy with mattel josefinas too

edited: thanks for the compliment on my Josefina! I bought her on ebay for right around $60 I believe.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 01:26 AM: Message edited by: simplepretty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by simplepretty:
    My Josefina has think hair, no strange bumps, and her hair doesn't fall out any more than my other dolls' hair. I would try to get a replacement Josefina. She is too gorgeous to be ruined by a defective doll. I love mine.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, my Josefina is the same way. Her hair is easy to syle and I've yet to see any hair loss while brushing her hair. I would see about a replacement head I think.

Oh and mine is Mattel just so you know.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 01:32 AM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The bump is funny looking, and definitely not normal. If it bothers you, you really should exchange her for another Josefina! [img]smile.gif[/img] The thickness of the braid looks about normal, I think. Her hair looks gorgeous and shiny aside from the weird bump.

My PM Josefina has horrible hair. I try not to brush it or style it much because it falls out SO easily. I'd like to get her a new head, but I'm not too fond of the eyebrows on the Mattel ones, and I'm unsure if the hospital has PM heads anymore for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've tried to be really careful with her hair which is why I'm so surprised so much falls out. The bump DOES bother me, I'm trying to decide which would be the best course of action to take. I could drop her off at the hospital when I go to AGPLA, but they I'm going to try and exchange Jess at the same time and I don't want to seem suspicious. I would really LOVE to pick out my own Josefina head, but I'm sure that's out of the question. Any ideas?

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have heard several comments about Josefina's hair falling out easier than other dolls. Of all our dolls, I would say that her hair does fall out (or break) the most, judging by what comes out in the the brush.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's the wigs. They are cheap. They are not the same quality as some of our other dolls. We are on our 3 rd Josefina. The first lost tons of hair on the first styling...I did the styling so I know how her hair was handled. It left a bald spot on top of her head near the part. Josefina #2 is the one DD daughter kept and it was just because she couldn't bare to give up another. Her hair is falling, just not as bad. Everyday their are hairs hanging that have come loose from the scalp. Her hairs stays braided. I ordered #3 to see if it was different and it wasn't so I sent her back. We bought the first one in November and DD received her for Christmas. None of our dolls, and we have 11 girls have hair like Josefina, so I know its not normal. I just think they got a bad batch of wigs or cheapened the wigs...and I vote for the last...cheapened...sorry AG!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also have Josefina, and beleive her to be PM. I can also feel the wig cap under her hair along the front hairline, but no bump is felt anywhere on her scalp. First I would return her, get a new one, and see if the hair problem has been solved. Give AG a chance. Please let us know what happens. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast