Thread: Jess's scooter vs. Sam's bicycle?

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi!

As the holidays are fast approaching, and I see how much fun DD is having with Kit's scooter, I'm contemplating getting either Jess's scooter or Samantha's bicycle for DD for either Christmas or to put away until Easter.

Does anyone have both of these items? Please give me some reviews and opinions on both of them. I'd like to hear the flaws/cons you've noticed too. Are these items worth the $$ or is that $$ better spent on other fun AG products?

Also, do dolls actually remain on either of these items if gently pushed? Can Jess really sit in the scooter and Sam really ride the bicycle and balance by herself? Kit's scooter is awesome, but I kind of have to shove her hands into those little holders to get her to stay on it. Don't worry DPS, I'm being as gentle as I can--Kit & Holly are fine!

TIA!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw at AGPLA that Jess can stay on her Scooter fine...She sits on it,and her feet make it a <font size="1">tenny weeny</font> bit small,which will help her stay on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My only comment would be that Samantha's bike (which I love) will be here for awhile, Jess's scooter will not.

Donna Cotterman

I agree with craftycarol. I purchased Jess' scooter and am waiting for another good code deal for Samantha's bike. It's new and they won't retire it quickly.... I hope.
    Just a thought. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Scooter it is GREAT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you're looking for quality, I would say go for Samantha's bike. It's very heavy and sturdy. It's great if you don't like plasticy things - just the seat and the handlebar covers are plastic. But Jess's scooter is really cute too. And it IS a quality piece in its own right, even though it's plastic. I don't really know what they could have made it out of other than plastic. [img]wink.gif[/img] Plus, as mentioned, it's only here for another two months! Or less!

I think Jess fits into her scooter better than Sam fits on her bike. I know it's probably just the style of the bike, but it always looks like Sam's crammed up against the handlebars. It looks uncomfy. [img]redface.gif[/img] They will both stay on the scooter/bike during play, but it's a little tricky getting both of Sam's feet strapped into the pedals. I usually just leave them unstrapped; she looks less awkward that way. But it has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. It's easy to imagine that this is the kind of thing Samantha might have had in her PC collection, had the bike been part of her core stories.

All in all, I'd say get Jess's scooter now and keep the bike in mind for another day. I can take a few comparison pics later if you're still on the fence, just let me know. [img]smile.gif[/img]