Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, let me start off by saying my sister has a PM FElicity. She is beautiful and very well loved. I can tell because her hair is HORRIBLE! [img]confused.gif[/img]

She's a very adorable doll, I just looked at her more closley because my sister brought her to me. She has the PM green eyes (non neon, very realistic with no pinwheel design) But her is skin is kinda dirty and her hair is really gross [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] . It feels almost greasy (but it's not) and there are tons and TONS of knots and her pin curls are beginning to dissappear.

My sister has finally decided Felicity needs to go to the hospital, but she dosen't want to send her naked, so we're gonna ship her off from AGPNY at the hospital admiance booth, after Elizabeth's party of course! [img]smile.gif[/img] Can't miss her friend's birthday, can she?

Have any of you ever gotten a get well visit? Please, please respond! Not for me but for my sister! She very much treausres her FElicity doll and I don't want them to do anything like replacing her head or anything! I want her to stay intact, just with shiny, or at least better brushed hair, and slightly cleaner skin, and tighter arms.

I really appreciate ANY replies I can get, please.

TIA!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it's just her hair, you can shampoo it, and soak it in Downy, bfore gently brushing it out with a wire wig brush. If it's frizzy, steaming will help, too. You can do all this at home, without havint to send Felicity away to the hospital. Check the www.justmagicdolls.com site for doll restoration for more detailed instructions and pictures! Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Robin, but it's kind of more than her hair. Her legs are kind of loose, her skin is a tad dirty, her hair is HORRENDOUS, and probably some other problems my sister won't tell me because she's scared for Felicity.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does the hospital recondition hair or just replace the head, I have no experience with the hospital.

But I would try and do as much at home as possible. A good baking soda scrub will work wonders. And a good hair soaking with shampoo and some kind of conditioner. You will be amazed. The brush out process will seem overwhelming but so worth it.

Post pictures for us to see, and we'll help you along. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We sent my daughter's Felicity in to the hospital for general cleaning, and she looks a lot better, but she didn't have any really severe hair issues. They braided her hair and put a ribbon in it. But if you want them to do wonders with her hair, they will probably replace the head. I don't think they actually wash doll's hair. The most they will do is brush it out and trim [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you only send payment for the well checkup, then they'd have to check with you about a head which is about $40. So your sister doesn't need to worry about automatically having the head replaced if you're only having a well visit. I know they don't even do tightening for a well visit. I got a doll off ebay who had just returned from a well visit and she didn't look like anything had been done. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail with a new bow, she had the new AGH gown but her legs were still really loose. The limb tightening is an extra fee too so I'm sure if they wanted to do that, they'd need to contact you.

These guys have some great ideas for cleaning her but that hair sure does sound wild! [img]eek.gif[/img] I bet Dr. Robin could do wonders with her!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since American Girl Forever didn't ask, I kind of hesitated to offer my services, but I'd sure love to get my hands on her sister's Felicity!

I could clean her skin, clean and re-condition her hair, AND re-string her limbs so they'd be nice and tight. I LOVE PM dolls, and they never have anything done to them that the "mom" doesn't want, as I'm usually in daily PM contact for consultation. (AND, I can usually get pictures posted so they can see their AG darlings are fine! [img]smile.gif[/img] )

So, if American Girl Forever (or anyone else, for that matter) is interested, you're welcome to PM me for rates. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before sending her to the hospital I would wash and condition her hair, as AGH does not clean her hair.

When you do send her to the hospital, write a letter with your wants and don't wants (do not replace her head, etc.) and state that someone calls before they begin treatment! (I fold my letter, punch a hole in the corner, then attach it to my dolls wrist with a rubber band.)

AG has special hospital CS people that handle those questions. Then discuss with them your concerns. This has always worked well for me...they only thing AGH has every goofed on is the neckstring issue, which they resolved.

Good luck!