Thread: Should I order Jess from a Personal Shopper?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I can no longer resist--I am going to get Jess!!!! Should I just order her NOW online, or should I try to find a Personal Shopper from someone for AGPNY? I read here that some people got a Jess with bumpy hair and had to send her back. I'm a little worried that she may sell out before I could exchange her.

Any suggestions? THANKS!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You should get Jess from a PS.She'll pick out you a good Jess.I don't think it cost etra. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do I find a Personal Shopper? Does anyone here have one from New York (closest to me, and the only one I am likely to get to) that they could recommend? Or do I just call and ask for one?

Thanks for any help and advice you could give me.

T. Lynn

I ordered my daughters #27 from a personal shopper and I HIGHLY recommend it for dolls. I just called and asked to speak to one and even asked her if she would hand pick a pretty one for me. Even explained it would be a Christmas present, how it was her first Today doll and wanted her so much because it kinda looked like her.

The PS told me she would love to search through some of them to find one with great hair, nice cheek color, etc...

I was so pleased once she arrived! I heard of someone getting a #27 with very thin hair and exchanged it. I had no problems. Our Kaylee is just perfect but waiting in her box until Christmas.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it true we cannot use any discount codes when ordering through a personal shopper?
    Has anyone tried to use a code while going through a ps?

(It is probably worth it anyway to pay full price to get just the right doll.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS will not allow you to use codes.

Linda I would contact a PS for Jess if you are concerned. I got help from a PS and a friend when ordering my Kaya. It worked out great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that you should use a PS to get Jess. PS's will make sure to pick out a Jess for you that has little or no flaws. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Linda,

I'll jump on the bandwagon here and say Yes definitely get a PS to help you order/get just the right one!

I know you were looking for NY PS names, but just in case, Ellen at AGPLA chose an adorable BB for my DD, and Rita in AGPC was also very nice to talk to when I was on my hunt for Kit's waffle iron set. The PS's don't cost any extra money at all and all of my conversations with them have been terrific.

Congratulations on getting Jess!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have to know the name of a personal shopper or can you just call a store and ask to speak to one? I have only ever ordered from the website and I ordered Nellie from there and she had some problems when she arrived and I had to exchange her. It sounds as though using a personal shopper would eliminate that problem? Thanks!