Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been noticing that the elastic in Josefina's and Kit's underwear and Kirsten's bloomers is all stretched out and not holding them up any more. Is anyone else noticing this problem? If so, what are you doing about it? Doesn't this seem like it's awfully early for this kind of failure?
    Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elastic is one of those mean ol' substances that likes to disintegrate over time (most of us have probably seen this with rubberbands). I don't really pay attention to the undies, but have noticed that my very old Kirsten (she's about 15 years old) has this problem. Her dresses are just tight enough to hold up the pantalettes, though.

I think some of the dolls would have had tie (drawstring) underwear--I wonder if AG has ever thought of using this instead of elastic?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The elastic in my Samantha's bloomers and tights gave out about eight years after I'd gotten her. Because the elastic does rot over time, they offer the bloomers and tights for sale separately if you call the company, and the tights are also available with the shoes and stockings set.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kirsten (about 15 years old) has the same problem. The rubber band around her Certificates of Merit in her school satchel broke too. [img]redface.gif[/img] I just attributed it to age.

Collectors would probably prefer drawstrings, but I'm guessing AG is more worried about kids, who would probably prefer elastic, which is easier to deal with.

No, Kirsten's not happy at all; I should replace the elastic, but I'm lazy. Someday I should order her a replacement pair, but I'm not feeling motivated right now...ordering on the Internet is so much easier than calling IMO!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This has been a problem for me on a few PM dolls. Usually I just put them up a little higher so they are caught by the doll's skirt (Molly or Kit). I think after time the elastic just wears out. I have not tried to call CS or anything about it yet. - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have this with Addy's, but she is from the year she first released so she is a bit older. I actually ordered a new replacement pair for her.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes! My Molly undies that I got in '91 are all streched out. I usually pin them in the back or have her wear differend undies. I wonder if I should just order replacement parts.

joelanddeborah

Yes! Just order new replacements, if you don't want to replace the old elastic. Replacing the elastic is easy, if you know how to sew, but the replacement panties from the company are just as great, actually.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that I'll look into replacing the elastic.

Is anyone's dolls complaining that we're talking about their undies in public like this? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy

dollsonbed

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 25, 2006 01:28 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

joelanddeborah

Almost all of my white body Kirstens have this problem, and I've replaced the elastic in two of their pantalettes. The other two need it, and I just haven't done it, yet. I have to pin them in the back so they don't lose their modesty! [img]redface.gif[/img]

My white body Samanthas and Mollies seem to be all right, even the oldest ones. It's just Kirsten's I've had trouble with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast