Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know of a good place to get dogtags? I'm thinking of getting one for my Kirsten in case she gets lost. [img]frown.gif[/img] I could put it around her neck or waist and keep it under her clothes.

What kind of info would one include on such a thing? My first instinct was address but that may not be a good idea. Maybe just "If lost contact" and then a phone number and e-mail? I don't think regular pet tags generally have the space for all that info though. Any ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a great idea for when we take our dolls away from the house. I am horrified to think that I might accidently leave a doll behind, but some days, I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. You could go to an engraving shop for a necklace or bracelet, or a military surplus to get real dog tags, but I am thinking that a small card, laminated, punched and hung around their neck with a ribbon might be cheaper. You could even print something off on your computer that explains this doll is a traveling doll and how anyone who finds her and returns her will be rewarded.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Petco and PetsMart also have those pet id tag engraving machines too [img]smile.gif[/img] But yeah there is usually only room for a name and phone and maybe address....

thepidget

This is actually quite an excellent idea, considering that dolls CAN get lost, even if we take the best of care for them. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

I don't know where to get engraved dogtags, but I think pet tags would still work fine. It might look something like this:

[Your name/Doll's name]
    (555)555-5555
    [email protected]

And I do think that would be good enough. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I should go to my local pet store and see how much they'd charge for pet tags. Hmmm...

Felicity_Fan85

That is a good idea for any dolls that go out for photos. I like the names, phone and email idea- possibly address if it is a po box number?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would consider making a fabric tag and sewing it to the doll's neck strings. It would show up less under clothes, but still be noticeable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent idea! I wonder if AG would consider making an i.d. necklace/bracelet/tag for our girls. For example, the necklace could have a special AG number to call if you locate a lost doll and a number so that the doll could be tracked back to its owner. I know Build a Bear Workshop puts a tracking number inside the bears when you make them so if the bear is lost it can be returned to its owner.

monimarine

If you make something out of paper or fabric, I would suggest laminating it. That way it doesn't get cut, torn, or something spilled on it that would remove some of the contact information.

I missed Mary Carly's laminating comment.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 10:20 AM: Message edited by: monimarine ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the ideas! I just love the idea of a metal dog/pet tag (metal is neat), but MaryCarly and Monimarine's laminating idea is more reasonable; one could get a lot more information on the tag, and maybe even increase chances of a return versus just listing name and phone number/e-mail ("Hi! My name is Kirsten! If you're reading this, I am lost and very scared. Please return me to Julie at (info) and she will give you a reward!")

At a convention, someone was selling hand-drawn dogtags; I don't know quite how they worked, but I could probably search the Internet for their vendor....