Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ria or Kailey pros please help..

GreyMyst

She looks real to me. She might have had a limb or body replacement at some point though. That could make the legs look kinda differant and explain the tags.

She looks to be an AG, but one that has been sent to the hospital. I don't know enough about Kailey's wig to say if it is or isn't but 2 of my authentic AGs have crooked wigs. It's mostly the ones with bangs, but AGT26 has a slightly crooked wig in the front too.

prasnlrd

My Kailey is standing before me stripped down to her undies and she is not too happy. HA! I performed an inspection on her and compared her to Diane's doll pictures.

My morsel has on tag that says, "Made in China Exclusively for Amaerican Girl Madison, Wi 53562
    On the side of the tag is the number 2006. Her neck says Pleasant Company with the little trademark stamp on it.

I am not a specilaist, but Diane your morsel looks ok to me, but let Darth tell you for sure. She would be the one that knows 100%

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all i sure was a crying this morning ... I have included more pictures of her in the sun light and you can see how the leg sticks out to the side and she can't stand.. I just am so worried.. thank you for all your help Diane

Polly Marie

I have a Kailey(bought used) that has the "3371"
    tag, but her other small white tag has "G03"(different than yours).
    My Kailey's legs are even and the same size. It looks like yours are different sizes.
    Diane, your Kailey has longer,thicker and a bit darker eyebrows than mine.
    Your wig is set higher on the forehead than mine.The wig spacing is the same.
    Since your Kailey has the right lettering boxed in on her neck, I presume she is a Kailey. I hope that AG hospital will fix for free her crooked bubbled wig and uneven legs for you. Seems like manufacturing problems with this doll.
    So sorry. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Ashley1972

She looks real to me except for the two body tags. Have you spoken to AG yet?

Ashley1972

Polly Marie, your Kailey has two body tags? Did you get her from American Girl?

Polly Marie

I bought her used from a fellow board member. Great looking Kailey with very good coloring! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie
    P.S. My eBay Josefina has 2 tags also. The made in China one and a small white tag with "E03".

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 13, 2006 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Diane,

Boy do I know about the ebay purchase panic!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I had a terrible time the day I got the twins and thought they were fakes. They were just so different that my other twins, I didn't expect that. Also, the seller didn't send them with care. I've got my fingers crossed that you find out your Kailey's legit. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Relax!
    You may have a very much loved doll, hence the unequal distribution of stuffing.
    However, she looks just fine.
    My Cailleach (you can see her in my siggy, she used to be called Kailey ages ago...) has exactly the same tags as yours: a large one with the "3371" on it and a smaller one with "H03" on it.
    She was a bit upset to have to get her skirts up, but she did not mind once she knew it was for the peace of mind of another AG mommy.
    Regarding the wig: Kailey's wig always makes me wonder what was AG thinking! The spacing is awful and the quality is overall lower than that of regular AGs. Your's looks just like mine.
    And about the PC stam on the nape of her neck: mine is wicked faint also.
    Enjoy your new girl and take a deep breath (may be in the opposite order?)!!
    Ana

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 13, 2006 08:21 PM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, Diane just send me another pic of her doll. Looks like a Kailey 100%! I am only concerned now if there is a real split in the wig. other than that, from someone else's body tags, it is confirmed now that Kaileys have 2 type of body tags! 3371 and 2008. The earlier ones are the 3371s. I suggest you send her for to AGH for a head replacement for free, as it is a factory defect from their end. Good luck! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast