Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ria or Kailey pros please help..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a relief that your Kailey is authentic! Now that you have mentioned Kailey's "issues" I can see that our Kailey also has one leg a tad longer than the other and her wig is just a teensy bit high on one side. I never would have noticed without your post.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just got off the phone with Diane, the panic is over, she is indeed a authentic Kailey, only a earlier version. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So conrats Diane!!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WHOOT!!!!!!!
    That's great news Diane [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Congratulations!!!!!!!
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I added A new picture of dds kailey and my new one . Ria say she is for real. I will add more pic of her with her outfit off so you can compare thank you to everyone She does need some help with her wig and her leg. So we will see what the sell says . thanks Diane

Ashley1972

Congratulations, Diane! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wickedgood

I'm glad your Kailey is a real one [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for why yours does not look EXACTLY like your daughter's, I have noticed that AG dolls have a lot of variation in even the same model. I've been looking at everyone's albums and it is amazing how different some people's look compared to others. And so different from the ones on the AG website. I've come to accept that each doll is almost an individual - a work of art.

I was dressing my Samantha doll today (who is from around 1998) and noticed for the first time that one of her arms has more definition, with dimples in her elbow, while the other does not. I was examining her legs as well, and one was ever so slightly a lighter color than the other. I've had her for what - eight years? and never noticed before. AG probably has a bin of arms and legs and whomever is putting the dolls together is responsible for matching them up as well as possible. That being said, it sounds like the year Kailey was produced was really lacking in the quality control part of production.

Hopefully you can have Kailey's parts matched better by the AG hospital without much hassle and you can put this harrowing day behind you and grow to love and cherish your new doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just saw this thread, and am glad you are feeling better about your Kailey. I thought from your pictures that she was authentic, and am glad that Ria has confirmed it. My Josefina has one leg like your Kailey's - I just look at it as a slight physical handicap, and love her all the more for it! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Diana, my friend you have my Kailey's sister. How cool is that. They both have the same body tags and the same hair.

IMG 1188sigkailey

I have done a mini album for you.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...04223145&idx=0

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

MollyGirl, that was such a cute album of your precious girl Kailey! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I'm glad your Kailey is real! To me, and I'm no expert, she looked authentic. A lot of dolls seem to have small problems but that is what makes them who they are. They're not perfect- in my opinion they shouldn't be perfect (except that a doll's owner can say their doll is perfect one for them) because in real life nobody is perfect and it would be weird if everyone was. So I like (most) small flaws in the dolls. Like my Kaya and the Jess I'm getting for Christmas both have slightly smaller left eyes- they have a lazy eye like me! And my Kaya came to me directly from AG with loose legs but I couldn't sent her to be replaced with another one. And I noticed on my Felicity you can see the strings from her wig where it was stitched, in the front. And part of her wig seems to sag a little - it's a small part that might not have had glue on it or something. but to me, they are my perfect little girls!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast