Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've posted before about the huge pile of junk in my room and needing to part with some dolls. So yesterday i loaded up a big garbage bag and today i donated them all to the local thrift store. About 30 Barbies, a cowgirl Our Generation and a couple of AG dolls. Also some AG size clothes. I feel this was sort of a sacrifice and i'm kind of mad that i still haven't found the things i lost. The hunt for these things is what started the purge. Maybe i need to part with more stuff before i make any progress. I have tons of books but i find them even harder to part with than the dolls. My eyesight is so bad now that i don't read much but i can't work up any kind of enthusiasm for parting with them. At least i feel that the dolls might make some kid happy. It's a pretty poor neighborhood and a thrift store doll might be all some kids get
    this holiday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good for you! You remind me of Kit when she takes her old coat to the soup kitchen, she made a little girl so happy! I hope your dolls get to some girls that will love them.

Way to show the holiday spirit.

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Jessica

Polly Marie

I am so happy that you can make some little girls happy with your previously loved dolls. Seems like you've gained a lot more in good feelings than what you gave away. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

Yea! Good for you! And such a perfect time of year to do it!

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom and I had a great time last night dressing dolls and fixing hair. Mom thought the OG doll was really ugly and i had to agree but maybe some little girl will love her. Felicity has wild tangled hair but her eyes are beautiful and i almost kept her. I did keep her rose garden dress and the poor girl left the house in a flowered dress that really clashed with her red hair. Maybe her new mommy, or grandmother, can sew and make her something nicer. Thankfully we got the bag past the dog without any casualties. The last time i tried a big purge she got into the bag and we had a dolly massacre. i'm still finding little Barbie feet and heads around.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you'll regret it. I'm sure knowing that many little girls will be happy at Christmas will make up for any regret you'd feel. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on parting with some dolls. I am also going through some of my things today to give to charity. I just kept 2 barbies, 2 kens, and some clothes in a case and the rest of my barbies I am giving to my grandma's house for her estate sale. She is very sick and really needs the money for medical bills.