Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I was on another website talking about the Molly movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0828151/board/nest/54491728 (13th post down) They were talking about how in the Sam movie the boy got his finger stuck and in the Lissie movie her grandfather choked to death and how it freaked them out.And one person said that in the Molly movie there will be a part that we will be freaked out about. And they know because they have connections! Now I know I'm being silly, but I'm not sure I want to see the movie now because of this! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] Am I being stupid? Does anyone know anothing about this? If you do I would like to know as much information as I can before I see it. (I'm someone who HATES suspence! [img]smile.gif[/img] )

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ November 09, 2006 01:52 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 09, 2006 02:05 PM: Message edited by: MyHighKing ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the Felicity movie, her grandfather did NOT choke to death--he died of an illness; not unusual for the elderly in those times.

Try not to pay so much attention to sensational rumors--sometimes people just like to spread them to see how much drama they can create. [img]eek.gif[/img]

If I were you, I'd just relax, and enjoy the movie when it comes out. [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Just so you know, imdb message boards are quite possibly the least reliable sources of information in the world. Don't listen to it. Besides, is it really so awful that they actually showed the fact that bad things sometimes happen?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that some of the things were tamed down a bit for the Samantha and Felicuty movies. In the Samantha books the factory had a dangerous thread spinning machine. In the Felicity books her grandfather died after a long illness.
    Mollys books deal with WW2 . It would be logicaL to have some flashbacks of the London blitz or have some military personnell fron Mollys town not return.
    A strong point of the American Girl dolls is that they deal with the problems of their time in history not just wear the appropriate clothes.

horselvr2

No, I don't think that's going to happen. Why would they be showing it on disney chanel then?? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The older Disney movies had their share of sad moments.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bambi's mother died. I think a lot of children in the 50s were none to happy. My mother wouldn't let me see it.

Dumbo got separated from his mother.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just try to calm down. It's a G rated (or is it PG?) movie after all. I doubt anything too bad will happen in it. Have you read the Molly books? If they have something "freaky" in the movie it'll probably come straight from her books or have something to do with something in her books. I, personally, hope they do have something "freaky". I don't want them to sugar coat one of the worst wars in history. It'll show that not everything was about miss victory dances and multiplication bees.
    A flashback from the blitz would be nice. It would make the audience really feel sorry for Emily and understand what she's going through.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of the great things about movies and books is that they allow us to sort of try on some of life's rougher moments. Children read the Felicity books or watch her movie and they feel for Felicity as she grieves for her grandfather. When those children (or adults) lose someone they love they have a reference point for the grieving process. They can also remember that Felicity was able to go on with her life and remember her grandfather and all that they shared.

When Samantha visits a factory and sees the working conditions children learn something about our history. They have a better understanding of why we have child labor laws. That may lead to greater compassion for children in other parts of the world who do not have the protection of such laws. It may also prepare them in some small ways for some of the thing they'll see on the evening news.

I am pretty neurotic about what I allow my children to watch. I'm all for age-appropriateness and I think much of our entertainment is entirely too violent. But AG movies don't concern me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm feeling better about seeing the movie now. Have any of you seen the Narnia movie? Its very simmelar (Sp?) to Emily's history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast