Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to be in LA for a stopover of about 24 hours enroute to New Zealand on Sept 9-10. Because of air schedules, we're going to overnight Saturday the 9th to be sure not to miss the 9:30pm Sunday flight to Sydney! Here's my question...how far is it from the LAX airport to AGPLA? I was at AGPC in January, and AGPNY in July, and I wondering if it would be possible to make it to all three stores in the same year! I couldn't buy much, it would just be for the experience, as I'm sure this particular set of circumstances won't happen again. My husband would definitely be up for it, as we have absolutely nothing planned and he took me to AGPNY 3 times when we were in New York City. He also took me to the MCM sale, so you can tell he likes my dolls too!

If someone in the LA area can give me this info, and maybe some suggestions for getting to and from, it would be appreciated! Thank you! Lin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't live in California (just visit a lot), but Google Maps says it's just over 10 miles from LAX to AGPLA. Google Maps estimates that at 20 minutes, which, depending on time of day, could be an hour, I suppose. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Google doesn't list any freeways, though, so it might not be that long at all! Don't know the BEST way to get there, but if you took a taxi, the driver could probably find The Grove. Or just enter "LAX to 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA" in Google Maps if you want to see for yourself.

I hope you get to go!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was in LA last June, I stayed at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, just outside LAX.

I took the city bus to AGPLA, 'cause I'm so cheap (55 minute ride, including one transfer--longer ride time on the way back, since the buses don't run so often in the afternoons), but the hotel concierge told me it would be about a 15-minute, $25 cab ride.

It seems that everyone knows where The Grove is, or at least what you're talking about when you mention it.

(There is also a private shuttle service from the airport to local shopping areas, but you must make reservations in advance, and it's quite pricey since the fare is based on how many passengers are riding to one's particular destination. Too rich for my blood, but I thought I'd mention.)

Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can do it. Traffic can be a pain, but still do able. What a great idea. I hope it works out for you. Cab, suttle or bus, they all work. Enjoy your trip to New Zealand. It may be a bit cold so take warm clothes with you. It is their winter there.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gosh, I am really considering this now! Maybe the bus...since we have lots of time and can't buy anything (big) anyway! Thanks, all of you, for the good ideas! Lin