Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Now I this topic was totally ran into the ground last year, but considering the appearence of Emily I HAVE to say it. AG's reasoning for changing Elizabeth was that brown hair and brown eyes, with a different face mold, would be too similar to an auborn haired Lissie with bright green eyes. Yet somehow AG justified an Emily with red hair and blue eyes and the same face mold as Molly? Personally I think the contrast of green eyes to brown is greater than blue to green or blue to grey. And lets not start with the fact that AF didn't even give Emily a different face mold.

I hate being pessimist because I really don't want to take the excitement away from Molly. But as a person who was angry over the Elizabeth makeover, this really gets under my skin. And I know I'm not the only one out there thinking it. To me it is proof of the 'prissy' changes they were trying to make to Lissie's collection and more evidence that AG was not being straight with their customers on the real reasons for the makeover [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree... to the same effect. Emily's collection seems very pink and purple prissy... I see where AG is trying to take their new dolls. I'm glad that they have kept most of the original collections intact and are not changing them too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree. I don't like the changes they have made to the original stories/collections.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree RNseamstress. I don't like the prissy look at all, but hey I guess it saves me money right? I'm not even upset with AG anymore for the changes to Elizabeth. I'm able to justify it by the fact that I really enjoyed the movie so now when I see Elizabeth she just represents the dainty blonde from the movie, not the brunette from the books. I'll eventually get her to complete the collection and to be honest, I do think she is a pretty doll. What does upset me however, is the direction AG was/is trying to take with Elizabeth and Lissie's collection. Most importantly, it doesn't seem as historically accurate anymore. Oh well, theres nothing any of us can do about it right?

Felicity_Fan85

I agree too. And...not all girls like pink and purple. I mean I love purple but that's not the point- I also love blue and green. It doesn't look as historically accurate. I could never buy Elizabeth without making her modern. I plan on buying #25 since for now she is the closest to looking Elizabeth. I love Lissie's movie a lot but my Felicity wants the Elizabeth she grew up with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by RNseamstress:
    I agree... to the same effect. Emily's collection seems very pink and purple prissy... I see where AG is trying to take their new dolls. I'm glad that they have kept most of the original collections intact and are not changing them too.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">IMO, AG restrained itself on the snowsuit, which could have been way more pink and purple, but then went way overboard on the holiday dress. Neither one appeals to me, although the snow jacket is cute.

I'm just glad they didn't change Molly's color scheme, as I thought they might. That would have been terrible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    I agree too. And...not all girls like pink and purple. I mean I love purple but that's not the point- I also love blue and green. It doesn't look as historically accurate. I could never buy Elizabeth without making her modern. I plan on buying #25 since for now she is the closest to looking Elizabeth. I love Lissie's movie a lot but my Felicity wants the Elizabeth she grew up with.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I contemplated this for a long time too. Unfortunately I'm such a purist its hard for me to change what AG has decided is Elizabeth. Especially because AG25 is MY mini me and I would really like to use her as a modern doll/historical of my choice; I just haven't yet decided what time period!

I'm just hoping that AG will continue introducing other dolls that can be made into friend dolls. I can't wait to use AG26 as Harriet for Addy and I'm dying for them to make a short, curly haired brunette to be Kirsten's friend Mary. If I can't get the Elizabeth I want then I'll just have fun creating other doll character friends I suppose!