Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We're planning a Disneyland/AGPLA trip for sometime BEFORE Christmas. We're hoping to make it a Thurs-Sun trip. Does anyone know if/what AGP historically does for the holidays? I know the new LE doll won't be introducted until after Christmas (at lease that's what I've been told), but I'd like some idea of what happens, so we can be there for the fun! We don't need to make reservations a long way in advance, so that'll help us. My PS said she wouldn't normally expect to hear a date until maybe 2 weeks or so before an event.... Anyone know?

emsmombuysdolls

I don't think they do anything special except decorate for the holidays in general. I wish they would set up the museum to feature historically accurate holiday settings but I don't recall this being done last year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suggest making reservations as soon as you make definite plans. AGPC before Christmas is a madhouse. AGPLA just opened so maybe the PS doesn't know what to expect.

There are beautiful decorations for Christmas, My favorite was a wreath decorated with the mini dolls. I have a pic, I'll try and find it.

There is also a Christmas program or tea or something. I've never been, I think it's caroling and it's only on certain evenings. Keep checking the web site, they'll post info on it later.

ETA: I found the pics from our trip to AGPC on Nov.5 in this album.The wreath is the very last pic.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 23, 2006 11:51 AM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

Donna Cotterman

I also noticed that the Christmas tree between Kirsten and Josefina displays had the mini dolls as decorations. I haven't even taken one of these little dolls out of their boxes. Never would have thought to use them in this way.
    Hallmark makes the over sized wreaths with hidden hooks that could be used if fishing line was used as a belt on the dolls.
    I think I have a new decorationg idea coming on [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
    Thank you for the pictures. Very nice album.
    ^j^ Mrs.C.

Polly Marie

"OSusannah"
    Thanks for sharing your Nov. Album of '05. It was very interesting seeing an AGP decorated for Christmas.
    "tallpkb"
    Your holiday trip to Disneyland/AGPLA will be so much fun! Enjoy the time and please take some pictures to share with us. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only AGP I've been to around mid-December is AGPNY and it is completely packed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is a special holiday program in the theater. The girls all help one of their club members do her holiday chores at home so she can go caroling with their class. As they are working, they sing songs to go with things they're doing. I saw it a couple years ago at AGPC and really enjoyed it. That year they did also decorate the dioramas with Christmas decorations for each girl. And then there are the decorations others have mentioned/shown.

T. Lynn

I'll be there December 9 & 10th on a bus trip. I can't wait as it will be the first time. I'm so excited and trying to save money. It's hard to do with all these cute things coming out and others being on sale. I can't resist saving that $10. I hope to buy things that can only be purchased a the store.

Once I take DD next year for a girl day trip, I'm hoping she will pick out a doll. Maybe she'll like Emily after seeing her in person. For some reason, I just think I have too many dolls. We have 3 with 1 on the way...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 23, 2006 01:41 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! You're right! The wreath is beautiful!!