Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL! Glenda we posted at the same time and said just about the same thing! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

Have a good one,

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've done that! My only caution is that you may be setting a precedent and have to do it every year.

T. Lynn

I thought about that and that's why each doll (girl) will only get ONE gift from Santa. So it doesn't get out of hand.

Last year we even cut back with our daughter. She's my only child so you can imagine how much she gets from grandparents. Plus, her birthday is the following month. It was getting way out of hand...like a double Christmas. She had so many gifts and no where to go with them and she even has a playroom.

We told her that Santa will be bringing only 3 gifts because he has a lot of other children to buy for. Last year she only cut out 3 pictures for Santa and I asked why. She said "remember mommy, he has a lot of other children to buy for and I can only get 3 things".

I then had to explain that she could cut out more so Santa had a selection to choose from. Now she gets 3 from Santa, and 3/4 from us.

I don't want her to think that Christmas is about the amount of gifts that you get. Plus, you never know when you have a really hard year and HAVE to cut back and then having a disappointed child. She was 5 when we did this so it was a good time to get it under control.

Most of her gifts are AG items so it's not like it's cheap with 6/7 total. Heck, that 3-in-1 bed is bad enough.

Normally in September we reorganize the playroom and get ready for what may be coming. Her outdated toys either get put away for the ones we will keep and the rest go to her babysitter for the children there. I already did the re-organizing for this year since I had to make room for that bed. It looks so nice in there so I hope the grandparents don't go overboard!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 12:25 AM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12