Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I really want to get my cousin a doll for her birthday. I saw one on ebay who needs a LOT of TLC. I don't mind cleaning up marks and doing the Downy Dunk thing, but I guess there are holes in the cloth body. How do you fix them?

Is she even worth the effort? I'm still scouring the thrift shops in the area.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 24, 2006 08:34 AM: Message edited by: schillil ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It there are only seams coming undone, those can be mended by hand, and don't really matter in a child's play doll.
    If there are actual holes, you may need to replace the cloth body. Unless you have another on hand (such as another "fixer-upper") you may need to send her to the AG Hospital for a body replacement, which may put your total cost up to that of a new doll.
    OR, you could put out the word to the fixer-upperers on the board that you need a cloth body, and see if anyone has one for sale or trade--iffy at best.

If it were me, I'd look for a doll with only hair and inkmark issues that would be easier to fix, and with better results.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is kind of what I was thinking. It really looks like a jealous/bullying sib got to this one. She was stabbed numerous times with what looks like a pair of scissors.