Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

At the request of several board users, I'm putting up this thread for people to list their American Girl websites, esp. if they don't have the links in their signatures.

More from Joy:

How to spot an AG Clone by Angie of Gillygals.com
    AG Clone Identification

This doll restoration tip section courtesy of Anne - Kitschywoman:
    If you want eye transplant tips, a good site is...

http://www.prillycharmin.com/restore/1eye_replace.htm

I used those instructions successfully for an eye transplant.
    ------
    There is not a lot of mention on this board about how to remove scrapes and scuffs from vinyl. The best product I've found is called Micro Mesh. It's a flexible, fabric-backed sanding medium that is far finer than ordinary sandpaper. I sand gently with the 1800 grit, followed by the 2400 grit. This will remove the shiny scrape/rub and restore the matte finish to the affected area. I would not recommend using Micro Mesh on painted eyebrows or cheeks, as it will remove the paint. You can find Micro Mesh online or in local hobby shops that cater to modeling enthusiasts.
    ------
    For general cleaning and "goo" removal, I've found nothing that works better than a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's nothing short of phenomenal.
    ------
    For ink spot or dye mark removal, Oxy 10 acne cream (or any acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide) is quite effective if you're patient about it. I apply a dab to the affected area and sit my patient in a sunny window or outdoors, if the weather is nice. Every evening, I remove the cream and I reapply the next morning until the spot is gone. I recently heard that if you can keep the cream from drying out (say by covering it with Saran Wrap), it will bleach the mark out even faster. Do not get Oxy 10 on the fabric body, as it will bleach the color from the fabric.
    ------
    For restringing, I use Taffy's instructions, which can be found at...

http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articl...estringing.htm
    ------
    For rewigging, I use the following instructions, also located at Just Magic...

http://www.justmagicdolls.com/articles/rewig/rewig.htm

I prefer to use E-6000 craft glue to reattach my wigs, as my dolls are around children. I find that Aileen's Tacky Glue has a tendency to "let go" under heavy play. E-6000 glue can be found in Wal-Mart's craft section, and I've yet to find a child who could detach a wig glued using this product.
    ------
    I do lip/teeth repaints using regular 99-cent acrylic paint that can be found at any craft store. The key to getting a smooth finish with no brush strokes is to use acrylic paint extender to thin your paint to a watery consistency. Then I apply several thin coats of paint until I achieve the desired level of color.
    ------
    For cheek repaints, I use stenciling creme (also available at any craft store). I prefer the maroon color, and I put a very, very tiny amount on my fingertip and apply it to the cheeks with my finger. It will not go on evenly, but don't panic. I then dampen a washcloth with non-acetone nailpolish remover to thin and spread the cheek paint until I get the effect I desire. If I don't like it, I completely wipe the paint away with nailpolish remover and start over. Once the stenciling creme has set for a few days, the color is permanent.

I've also heard that lipstick pencil works well for cheek color, but I've never tried this method so I don't know if it has the permanency of stenciling creme.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 13, 2006 05:11 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 28, 2006 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Ann, Samantha fan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have a bunch in my signature as well. the one not listed is midnightmo.homeip.net/AGdolls/main/AGcatalog.htm

that one is the old catalog containing scans from my catalogs. i will probably not be updating it anymore b/c of the new guide. but it is still avaliable for now.

meg

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ July 05, 2006 10:06 AM: Message edited by: *meg* ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 05, 2006 10:07 AM: Message edited by: *meg* ]</font>

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine is in my signature. Someday I hope to have a website.
    Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mine is in my signature [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

www.geocities.com/brooke_singleton/AmericanGirlDolls.html

But I STILL don't have pictures up. I promised myself I was going to do the pictures this summer and now summer's over. Where did the time go?

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great idea... I LOVE checking out everyones' websites! You guys all do such great work on the sites; I especially love the adorable photos!

www.geocities.com/peachysweetdream

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine is in my signature [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aimee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My website is listed in my signature. Thanks for making this sticky note of websites Ann!!!
    Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Picture sites below

Follows
    Following