Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Do you guys think it's better to order through a PS (though I'd never be able to actually go to an AGP, I don't think... except my momma still hasn't taken me on the trip for my high school graduation, and she took my sister to NYC last year...), or to just do a phone order with the number listed online/in the catalogue?

What are the differences? Do the PS ladies do special things for you? Can you have one even if you don't make an appointment for shopping? Would

ALSO: very cool news! I have been in love with Molly's Route 66 dress ever since I first saw it in a photo on this board, and there was one on eBay the other day for a relatively low starting price. Well, I bid on it, and about 5 minutes before closing, I got outbid, and it turned into a bidding war - I missed out by one dollar in the last ten seconds. Apparently, the other bidder either decided to give it to me after all, or the seller had multiples and thought that for what I was bidding, it was worth selling her second to me, because I got a second chance offer!

Molly's Route 66 Dress is my absolute favorite of all the retired historical outfits, and I am pleased as punch!

FURTHER COOL NEWS:

In my 2D design course, we're beginning by looking at well-designed ads and billboards, to learn how to do lay outs for different effects and stuff. Well, our assignment for yesterday had multiple parts, including: 1 logo that is very effective, 1 advertisement that makes you want to buy something even though you don't really need it, because the item in the ad is so attractive with such a nice design.

Of course, for the logo, I took in the Pleasant Company one with the girl and her book and doll. It explains exactly what PC was, and it has a historic feel to it, with the sillhouettes. For the advertisement, I took in a catalogue and showed some of the pages of Jess and Sam&Nellie and Felicity&Elizabeth, because they're just so beautiful in those photos and everything. I was kind of embarassed, but I don't think there's anyone who thinks fondly of dolls or childhood who DOESN'T look at an AG catalogue and think wistfully of buying the dolls.

Well, one of the girls sitting near me leaned over after I explained my choice and said that she has an old Samantha that she hasn't played with since she was 8 and it's packed away in a box at her house, and she's going to call her mom and see about giving it to me, because I expressed a desire to have always wanted one. WOW! I didn't even ask her, she decided that on her own!

How do I always seem to inspire people to give things to me? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] (I just have to not get my hopes up, in case her mom decides that she shouldn't give Sam away, because she may want her in the future. My momma does stuff like that.)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e57c61">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

That sounds great!!! I don't know about the PS thing though. I never used one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the only real benefit for the buyer of shopping through a PS is getting things a couple of days early, if you're getting brand new items that aren't online, and that they can pick one out for you. So if you call up and say "I want a rosey cheeked Kaya, can you please look through the Kayas in the store and then bill me" you're more likely to get what you want than by just getting the random doll you order offline.

Congrats on the possibility of Samantha! And on being brave enough to do that [img]wink.gif[/img] .

Felicity_Fan85

I'm taking a 2D Design class at my college and if I can I want to do at least one AG thing for one of my projects.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is very cool news. Good Luck!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Keri!

I've ordered from a PS twice (it was Ellen at AGPLA) and basically I think the nice thing about the PS's is that they can "choose your doll for you" i.e. by hand and really get one that is hopefully extra nice.

I'm pretty picky about choosing my own dolls, at least if I know I'll have the chance to do so, and I think using a PS just gave me that feeling of connectedness & confidence that I wasn't just getting whichever doll happened to be pulled off the shelf at the warehouse and sent to me. It makes the shopping seem much more personal to me.

Also, the PS's can help you to get unique to AGP outfits and help find stuff which may be retired or out of stock online but still available in the stores.

Shipping cost is exactly the same, FYI.

Also, it sounds like your design class is really interesting and creative too. It is neat that you could incorporate your love of AG into the class.

Good luck with getting that Samantha! Of course, please share pictures & the good news with us if you get her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP because I am itching to order my doll soon, and I want to know if I should phone a PS (I've been told to call Robyn at AGPNYC tomorrow!) or just call CS tonight for a pre-order.

Aaand, I'm SO GLAD I won the Molly dress now, because it will look so cute on either #28 or Emily, whichever I get!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e57c61">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

I prefer ordering online to use the discount code.

Polly Marie

Glad you have such an interesting class.
    It sounds like a busy but interesting course! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    The offer about the Samantha doll was very kind. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Please post pictures if you get her. [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
    Congratulations on the Molly outfit. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
    I don't know the answer to the PS question, but I'm glad you asked it. I've wondered about the advantages too. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie