Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have Hallie and am completely smitten by her. I can't stop looking at her and playing with her hair. I found a Belle outfit on a doll at a flea market in Honduras that fits Hallie and she looks like a little princess wearing it. Yesterday I ordered Gwen and I can't wait till she comes. I just need more outfits!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I actually really liked Hallie when I opened her box last night. She arrived in great shape and is really cute. She's already decided that she wants to be able to pretend she's Nan Merriman, Felicity's little sister. The biggest flaw is that the dolls' shoulders need better articulation. They're a pretty difficult to work. I didn't notice why until this morning when I undressed Gwen to try to figure out the source of her floppiness. What bothers me most is that the company has no intention of continuing to offer the most basic doll hospital service for HSH dolls after this year so that their customers can maintain what are supposed to be quality toys.
    Also, they do have wigs, not rooted hair.
    Both dolls are really pretty cute, and I like the quality of the outfits on both of them. I just don't think that a perfectly new doll should be sent to me already floppy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have Hallie and absolutely adore her. I went ahead and bought several Gwens and Hallies at the new discounted price (with free shipping) to give away as gifts.

I do find that their joints are rather loose compared to our other AGs, but we love this line and will be sad when they are finally gone for good. HSH is a high quality line like all the other AG lines. I know some do not care for the look or style of these dolls, but we have much of the collection, and the quality of everything is AG quality all the way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

prasnlrd - oh gosh, completely no offense taken. I was just trying to point out that they did have wigs, so they can easily be rewigged to look different, that's all. No worries [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DD's Samantha was bought brand new in December and her joints were loose from the get go.
    One of her friends also got a Sam and she was the same way. I think there was maybe a bad batch of elastic?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My DD's Gwen had a loose joint in the leg so one leg was almost always backwards. I called AG and they sent out another (this is back when they were still 32 I think.) The employee said they would continue to service HH at the hospital long after they were sold out. The new doll was better.

I missed out on the new price. I wish I would of got more for gifts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I paid full price for my Gwen and she is very floppy too. I don't really like the HH dolls that much. I like how poseable they are but i don't care for their faces. They all seem to be sneering and look like bratty kids to me.

Ashley1972

I bought little DD's Skylar a few months ago and her limbs have always been twisted every which way. I thought that was how the HSH dolls were supposed to be. She's really cute but I won't buy another one. We like the 18 inch dolls a lot better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12