Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi Board--
    I keep looking at the sale page and eyeing up the Hopscotch Hill Rainbow Activity Board and Recess Play Set. Can anyone comment on how the size/scale would suit our 18 inch American Girls and friends? I already placed an order this morning for some replacement parts and Addy's striped dress, but...
    Thanks!

GreyMyst

The scale is great, the thing is HUGE. It is one of my all time favorite AG items. I love the clouds theme, the TONS of pieces, the fact that most of it is real wood.

board</a>

When I got mine, the marker was dried out and the chalk was broken though, so be sure to check those things. Ag sent replacements right out for me, but I'm glad I noticed.

I bought mine for my 3 year old son and he LOVES it. Even if you don't use it with dolls, kids in the 3-6 age group LOVE this thing as just a really REALLY cool chalkboard/dry erase.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 30, 2006 04:27 PM: Message edited by: SaraLovesHerDollys ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    The scale is great, the thing is HUGE.
    When I got mine, the marker was dried out and the chalk was broken though, so be sure to check those things.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Holy cow, you're not kidding about it being huge! Thank you so much for the picture. DD has been wanting a school kit that she saw in another catalogue, but this looks like it would do the trick...and her b-day is coming up and there's still free shipping...and I'm obviously trying to justify two orders in one day here, LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    I bought mine for my 3 year old son and he LOVES it. Even if you don't use it with dolls, kids in the 3-6 age group LOVE this thing as just a really REALLY cool chalkboard/dry erase.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now see, there's another justification for putting in an order. My 21/2 year old son would love this thing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

It is super cute & a great price for all you get. Check out my mini album & you can see the pull down map, chalk board side, dry erase side, magnetic letters & pull down schedule. Word of warning if you are getting it for a toddler, it does have small pieces they could get choked on. My 2 year old NEVER puts things in his mouth, but I know how some can be at that age. Kit & the HSH Rainbow Activity Board set:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...08186650&idx=0

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by trvnbrn:
    It is super cute & a great price for all you get. Check out my mini album & you can see the pull down map, chalk board side, dry erase side, magnetic letters & pull down schedule. Word of warning if you are getting it for a toddler, it does have small pieces they could get choked on. My 2 year old NEVER puts things in his mouth, but I know how some can be at that age.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, thank you for the photos. Those are adorable! The activity board is in my shopping cart as I write this! My toddler son is past the stage of mouthing things, but you never know when he might decide to take a bite out of some chalk just to freak out big sister (and mommy), LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's great to hear all this. I just ordered it for my 4 year old niece. I was afraid she was too young but it sounds like it will be good for her. I'm saving it and the books for Christmas. She (her mom) is not really into dolls but I think they will like the educational value. Thanks for the reviews.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The activity board is great. As had been said, even with out the dolls. It is so neat I got a second one. I am not even sure just what I am going to do with it.

The recess set is nice, not sure if it will work with 18 inch dolls are well though. The best thing about it is the mat. I think you can make it work, but not as well. My DD sometimes plays with it with out dolls though. (the T ball especaily.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered one. I did not want to, but I could not resist. I am sure Mae will love it. We will put it in the area that is Mantha's room. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]