Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I am not really an expert, but I have bought about 12 or more Our New Babies on Ebay, I keep some and sell some, and I used to think the ONLY authentic ONBs had no number under Pleasant Company on the back of their neck, but recently I have bought two different ONBs in their original box, mint with hang tags, that actually had the number 14 under PC...so, now I think there were some ONBs with the 14, but if there is no number, you can be sure it's one of the early ones. In 1995 they changed the name to Bitty Baby, and she came in the red heart print sleeper instead of the white zip-up one. The main differences are in the head mold, the ONBs have deeper grooves, usually a darker blonde color, too. The lashes are very light, and seem thicker. Also, the heads are the same size, but I think the ONB's face is a bit rounder. I have many photos if you are interested in comparison photos.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fiveinarowmom, I PM'd you. I too would be interested in viewing your pictures of one of my favorite collections!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Thank you so much. THe garage sale baby has a 14 under the Pleasant Company name and so does the Bitty Baby, however the garage sale baby does seem to have deeper grooves, but it is hardly noticeable. Did AG ever sell Bitty Baby in the zip up sleeper?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, from what I have seen, when they changed the name, they changed the sleeper. When my daughter was 3, we bought her a Bitty Baby (in the heart print sleeper), that was in 1997, and it has the 14 on the neck, and it is definately different than the ONBs I have from 1990. BUT, sometimes I wonder if you get it used or on Ebay, if they switch the sleeper, and the doll has a 14, it's really hard to tell the difference. Is that totally confusing?!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

In 1995 I bought my daughter a Bitty Baby which had a footed,white/red print sleeper. Later I found a Pleasant Company baby doll at a garage sale (for my younger daughter) with an unfooted, white/pale colored sleeper and a zipper in the front. The seller said it was "my new baby", but I can't tell the difference. Is there someway by looking at the face of the doll? They look the same to me. Someone said that "my new baby" was a little bigger, but she doesn't seem any bigger to me. Any experts out there? THANKS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They do look very much alike. The main differences that I have noticed is that the Our New Baby has a bit deeper ridges on her head, her limbs will be softer so more easily pushed in, and when you lay her on her back, her hands will be up by her ears with her palms up. I think that some of the real early Bitty Babies also had these traits so except for their outfits, they may be the same doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I remember hearing once that an ONB when set on her back would have palms facing the ceiling or there was some sort of difference the in way her hand laid when on her back. Hope this helps, I don't have either, but am anxiously awaiting my first bitty who is coming on Monday!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Our New Babies had a softer look and the biggest difference is the dimple in the chin.

The dolls were much more expensive at the time and I think they changed a few things so they could bring the price down. The original was over $70.

Hope this helps

Craftycarol51

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, the earliest ctalogue I have is from 1992, and the doll alone was $54. If you bought her with the book, it was $68. Was it more expensive pre-1992? That is very cool about the dimple, I have never noticed it. I'm going to go look at mine right now!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was browsing ebay, and found this auction with some pretty good ONB Pictures, showing the hair, the "colorless" eyelashes, and the palms facing up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OUR-NEW-BABY-PLE...QQcmdZViewItem

Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast