Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty new here, hope it's okay if I just jump in. Someone suggested on another thread that a "Cheapest doll find" thread might be fun, I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd start one.

I found two AG dolls at a thrift store - first was an AGOT for $1 (!!), the other was an Addy in her Meet dress for $3.

My daughter didn't want either of them, so I sold them on ebay.

My best buys on ebay were for a "Bity Baby" that I gave as a gift to a friend who adopted a little girl - it was her first doll :-) I paid $10 because of the typo in the title.

And I got Samantha's desk for DD for $15 on ebay - I forget what the typo was in the title but the seller made some silly mistake. The desk will be one of DD's Christmas gifts :-)

So - what was your best find!? Share your stories!

joelanddeborah

That would definitely be this past March--When my best friend found a white body Sam and a white body Kirsten at a garage sale for $5/each. They were filthy and had matted hair, but now look fabulous, thanks to everyone here teaching me what to do with them! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I know some of our board members have found even better finds than these! Every time I hear of one, I am amazed!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 08, 2006 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Deborah and Girls ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone on the board found a Kailey at a thrift store for $4--a dream come true!

Another member found a bald, one-legged AG at a thrift store for about 52 cents!

My personal "best bargain" isn't nearly as good--a chewed-up, tangly-frizzy-haired, fixer-upper Kirsten for $18.50. BUT, she came with her meet outfit, minus one shoe--and she is now fixed-up and firmly ensconced in my "AG family"--my dear "Rescued Kirsten". [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine was just a week or so ago-

The complete Meet Kit outfit for girls (size 10) for $3! And it actually fit my girl who has Kit!

Still need to get pictures of her in the outfit to post!

emer222

My sister found Lindsey at a thrift shop. She wasn't sure if it was authentic American Girl or not because of the short hair and the tag "American Gril". $2.00 [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 09, 2006 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Jean C ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The complete Meet Kit outfit for girls (size 10) for $3! And it actually fit my girl who has Kit!

Still need to get pictures of her in the outfit to post!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW, That's REALLY a spectacular find, in my opinion!

One of my best finds was a Molly lot on ebay that included her radio (which wasn't pictured and barely mentioned in the auction---so a really good deal! :-))

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got a perfect retired white table and two green deck chairs, for $23.00 which is the price of one chair on ebay because of the spelling of the auction. Was listed as ADIRONDECK CHAIRS & TABLE. That does not happen very often but you have to love it when it does.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do I have to say it? You should know by now! Okay, a mint Josefina piano for $45 at a consignment store. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Also, a dressed Bitty for $2, an AGT chalkboard for $2, a Bitty high chair for $5, a Bitty wagon, Bitty Bear, pieces of AG clothing, and Samantha's Scenes and Settings for $7,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had a few great finds:
    1. Palamino Horse - $10 at a yard sale in my neighborhood this past summmer (in great shape)
    2. Logan doll - $1 at a yard sale last spring
    3. Lindsey doll - $50 purchased from a local woman about a year and a half ago
    4. A Bitty Baby doll, an Our New baby doll and a magic attic doll for $2 (total) at a church sale last month
    I think these are my greatest finds. - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter and I found a PM Samantha at a flea market for $5.00.

Her hair was a mess and had been cut and her vinyl parts were dirty, but other than that she is in really good condition.

She's our only great bargain, but my daughter did win Felicity at the Barnes & Noble drawing last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast