Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    Yeah, Julia, go for it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Someone like me doesn't need it, but you do the most amazing photo shoots, and I'm sure you'll find a use for it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you kindly for that compliment but honestly, I get in trouble having so many ideas. Last year I didn't get to photograph even half of the story I had planned at the beach. Most of the packing I did for the trip was doll stuff. The boys were great to lug it all down to the beach for me. This year, with my AG doll-lovin' new daughter-in-law along, we'll be able to get down to business and really set up a lot of shots.

Hopefully the Labor Day crowds will thin out by Wednesday. I had to edit out people from my photo shoot last year and it wasn't even a holiday weekend. There I was lying on the ground with my camera and I didn't even notice people walking around me and my dolls. ha ha.

Julia

MickeyFan

I don't know if this helps, but I got Marisol's stage an I regret it. It is never taken out of the box and in my opinion was really a waste of money. I'm not getting Jess' scooter because I don't believe the cost is justified for what you get and it is really too big.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I wish Jess's scooter had a remote control! I would love zipping it through the house and around the back patio! Unfortunately for me - although most mothers with small children would think it a good thing - it must be propelled by human hands. It is, however, much easier to move around with a doll than the bicycles are; as it has two rear wheels and stands and balances on its own.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I, too, would LOVE it with a remote control!! It would be so much fun - I can just see my girls whipping around with their hair flying back - it would be perfect!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you've got someone handy with mechanical things nearby, you might be able to turn Jess's scooter into a remote-controled one.

I'd think you'd just need a remote-controled car or truck of comparable size, and switch out the motor and steering mechanism from the car to the scooter. Is the headlamp the only part that is mechanized on the scooter, or does it turn on and run on its own, needing just a human to steer and hit the go pedal, like those child-sized Barbie Jeeps?

It might take a couple afternoons to rig up properly, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e57c61">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Helpful hint for those who bought the rest of Jess's collection before the scooter came out...

I called AG because we bought all of Jess's collection (except the scooter) in January. I asked if I could get an adjustment for the scooter since the entire world wasn't available at that time and I was able to get the scooter for $51 (instead of $65).

I just had to have my receipts to give them the numbers so they could look it up to prove that I did purchase the rest of Jess's world (some was purchased at AGPC, and some was purchased online).

I really didn't want to pay $65 for it, but for $51 I went ahead and got it. I'm one of those who HAS to have the entire collection. Good thing Jess is DD's only doll!

We gave it to DD for her 8th birthday a couple weeks ago. It is really cute, but my 22 month old son plays with it more than she does. At least it's getting played with though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The stage was the only item of Marisols that we didn't get, even though I didn't think DD would play with it much it does bother that we don't have all of the collection

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, this may sound like a really silly question but... does Jess's scooter move on it's own or is it propelled by human hands?

I'm just wondering this because I read that it has batteries and I started thinking that since the headlights light up, is it actually motorized?

Please do not think I'm a complete fool for asking this--I just have this crazy vision in my mind of me getting the scooter and it rolling right on out into the street with Jess on it if I'd press the wrong button or something. This could be a potential disaster since our street gets quite a lot of traffic!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Cheri444:
    Helpful hint for those who bought the rest of Jess's collection before the scooter came out...

I called AG because we bought all of Jess's collection (except the scooter) in January. I asked if I could get an adjustment for the scooter since the entire world wasn't available at that time and I was able to get the scooter for $51 (instead of $65).

I just had to have my receipts to give them the numbers so they could look it up to prove that I did purchase the rest of Jess's world (some was purchased at AGPC, and some was purchased online).

I really didn't want to pay $65 for it, but for $51 I went ahead and got it. I'm one of those who HAS to have the entire collection. Good thing Jess is DD's only doll!

We gave it to DD for her 8th birthday a couple weeks ago. It is really cute, but my 22 month old son plays with it more than she does. At least it's getting played with though!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did the same thing back in January. I bought the starter collection and her pajamas and her coconut swing. I did have a 10% code that I used though. I have my all my receipts and would love to get the scooter for $51.00. Do you think I could use the $10 off $30 code that is out now? That would make the scooter $41.00!! Thanks so much for posting about this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12