Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Hi,

A couple weeks ago, I purchased several (well, a lot of) things from Ebay, including a couple American Girl items. I still have not received about 5 of the packages. I contacted all of the sellers and they said that the items had been sent some time ago.

My neighor buys frequently from Ebay and lately, she has not been receiving all of her packages. She believes that someone may be stealing some of the packages.

She spoke with the police, but they said that they really can't do anything without proof that someone is taking the items.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I paid through Paypal, and I suppose I could always file with them.

The thing is, I do not want to do that if somoeone is stealing the packages. It just would not be fair to the seller.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lola

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 11:49 AM: Message edited by: kudai*crazy ]</font>

T. Lynn

Have you asked any of the sellers for tracking numbers or delivery confirmation numbers?

I always make sure my packages have a delivery confirmation (it's only 45 cents extra) as proof that I received it or at least, proof it was dropped off to me. If it was, then I know someone would have taken it, if I don't have it.

Keep us informed...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 11:50 AM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you use paypal, than the seller is required to use delivery confirmation. Ask them for the tracking number.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It may have something to do with the time of year (back to school). It gets like this at Christmas some years. One year at the holidays, Priority packages were taking about 2 weeks!

If these were sent Parcel, it could easily be around 2 weeks to receive them. Since this is happening with several packages, I would assume this is the postal service running slowly.

You can always ask a seller to include delivery confirmation. Some will charge you for it - some won't (it is free on Paypal shipping if the package is sent Priority)

Hope they arrive soon!
    Faith

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never knew that if you buy an item on eBay and pay with Paypal you are required to ship the packages with delivery confirmation. I would wait two more weeks, and if they never show up, look into if there have been any other mail thefts in the area. Unless it's necessary, I never buy insurance or delivery confirmation, all of my items eventually arrived.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the seller prints a mailing label through paypal then delivery confirmation is automatically included; that is, it's included unless they uncheck the delivery confirmation box. All sellers SHOULD include delivery confirmation on items sold. Then its proof they sent the item out at least & its only an extra 50 cents to the postage amount.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you on getting your items. If you work outside the home, perhaps having them sent to you at work? We used to do that with mail order stuff because we didn't want packages on the front stoop or back door all day when no one was home. Good luck!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 15, 2006 01:47 PM: Message edited by: EmilyMarie ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 01:48 PM: Message edited by: EmilyMarie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I you paid through paypal and the seller did not use delivery confirmation and has no proof that it was delivered, you can file a claim and you will get your moeny back. I sell a ton and will never ship a package without delivery confirmation. Unless there is proof of delivery, a seller can not proof that it was shipped. The seller is responsible for delivery of the item, so the "seller is not responsible once it leaves there hand" is not true, you can still file a claim.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our post office is notoriously slow and inept.
    I once had a package that had a confirmation number and that the seller received a notice that it had been delivered to my house. It even had a date and time that it was supposedly delivered, but it was a lie. We live in a gated community and no mail ever comes to my house. Our mail goes into locked boxes at a central station and larger packages are held at the post office. I went to the post office three times after the seller said that it had been delivered. They just kept telling me it wasn't there. Even on the third try when I had the confirmation number, they told me there was nothing they could do. I told them that it had come from China and that the seller was very upset. They just shrugged. I was on my way out the door, when one of the clerks said "China?" Hey! I did see a package from China. It has been here for three weeks and we were just about to send it back." My name and address were clearly legible on the package that they had been telling me wasn't there. SIGH!
    I hope your post office is more competent and that you find your packages.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As as been said"not responsible once it leaves my hands" is untrue.If a seller is paid via paypal they must be able to prove DELIVERY not shipping and it has to be viewable online.So the 2 seller that threw it back in you lap I would email them a link to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...plaint-outside and tell them to read #4Buyer complaint policy claim procedure.
    Once a dispute has been escalated into a valid claim, PayPal will contact the seller and investigate your claim. If the claim involves non-delivery of goods, the seller must present appropriate proof of shipment to the buyer?s specified address

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems unfair to the seller if in fact the packages were stolen once they were delivered. Can you ask your mail carrier if he remembers delivering them? Sellers are supposed to use delivery confirmation as proof, its unbelieveable how many people selling on EBay do not know this. I would strongly suggest you purchase insurance from now on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast