Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Then tell them to read #6Seller Responsibilities. If the buyer claims that the item was not received, you must be able to prove that the item was delivered by providing PayPal with an online-tracking number that shows evidence of delivery.
    I suggest you file claims with paypal while you contact your local postoffice/post master/postal inspector(to find your nearest postal inspector go to http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html) and fill out PS Form 1510, Mail Loss and Rifling Report, or PS Form 2016, Mail Theft and Vandalism Complaint.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was unaware that delivery confirmation was required, but one thing I do keep is the receipt print out from the post office that shows when it was sent and where, it shows this no matter the sent method, media, prority, etc. Ask for that, but most likly, they threw it away, but it is an option. I sent copies of receipts when delivery is in question.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Seems unfair to the seller if in fact the packages were stolen once they were delivered."If the seller had protected herself by using insurance and online tracking she wouldn't be out anything.Insurance if for the SELLERS protection because when a buyer uses paypal/credit card they are protected from loss.The majority of ebay sellers do not grasp this concept.A seller is required to delivery the product to the buyer in the condition described, since the seller contracts with the shipper they are responsible til delivery and acceptance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paypal will not accept the shipping receipt and you will lose a claim if that is all you have- only online viewable tracking is accepted.
    If you ship via paypal dc is included free for priority and 14 cents for any other class.It also is free if you print your label from the US post office web site

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate all the advice.

One more seller from whom I should be receiving two packages (two different auctions), admitted that she shipped them as one package only a couple of days ago. That one did have delivery conofirmation, and indeed it is not shown as having been delivered yet.

That leaves just one package. I guess once that seller responds, I will make a decision as what to do.

I will definitely ask for confirmation and insurance from now on. I spoke with my mom on the phone. She sells things frequently on Ebay, and she told me that she never sends anything without some form of confirmation, for the protection of both parties.

I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.

Thanks so much!
    Lola

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when a buyer uses paypal/credit card they are protected from loss
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, that's not true. I just had a claim last month with paypal-the seller sent a worthless item, totally different from what I had purchased. I called paypal and filed a not as described claim, took pictures of the item, and even had an email from the seller saying to send it back and that she would refund my money.I had the delivery confirmation number proving I had sent the item back to her. She had been kicked off ebay that month (ebay was the one who emailed me in the first place, telling me to file a claim to get my money) and I have had a premier account with paypal for 6 years. They sided with her and I am out 125.00. I will never again pay using an account balance or bank transfer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sorry.That is why I added credit card.
    Did you call paypal and ask to speak to a supervisor?Did they find in her favor or were they unable to recover money from her?Ask them why you did not qualify for ebays buyer protection program that would compensate you minus 25.00.
    File mail fraud charges against the seller.It is illegal for her to have both the item and your money.You can do it online on the USPS website-just put mail fraud in the search box.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also, a lot of sellers are now mailing parcel post which takes a very long time to arrive. Just don't wait more then 30 days to do something. After 30 paypal/ebay will not help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have emailed the sellers asking for tracking numbers, and two have replied. One said that the post office never gave them a tracking number and that it should arrive any day now.

The other person stated that I did not pay for tracking so they did not purchase it. They said that they are not responsible for packages once mailed.

I guess I will wait to hear from the other three sellers. This is all just so frustrating.

Lola

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it was just one item, I would say that maybe it had been lost in the mail, or you got a bad seller. With 5 packages missing, I don't think there is any chance of that, especially with your neighbor missing items also. I isn't fair to hold the seller responsible, since they fulfilled their end of the bargain, and can't be responsible for items being taken from your mailbox.

Have you talked with your postal carrier, or called your local post office? Mail theft is a federal offense, and I would think they would be in a position to do something about it easier than the police-it's more their jurisdiction. Maybe they could set up some sort of a sting operation-leave several packages for you and your neighbor, and have someone either watching your mailboxes, or have a security camera set up discreetly to try and catch the thief in the act.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. My only other suggestion would be to have any future packages be signature confirmation, so that your carrier can't just leave them unattended-someone in the house would have to sign to collect them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast