Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I want to take my two kids to Chicago. Now I know there are alot of hotels. I am from a small town in Michigan and am going to take the amtrak train in. Trying to find the cheapest but safest and closest hotel. There are a lot on the AG site ---but is there one anyone here can recommend from personal experience? COuldn't believe some of the rates!!!! Wow It is expensive.

emsmombuysdolls

Honestly, depending on how much of an adventure you are willing to take, you might want to stay in the suburbs. We have great public transportation and getting into the city is easy. Hotel rates in the burbs run about 1/2 of what they do in the city. Plus, all the hotels around AG are upscale. You are staying "steps away from the magnificent mile"--no motel 6's. [img]wink.gif[/img] I do know there is a Days Inn in the city, check into that. You can take the free trolley around town.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom & I stayed at this hotel, which was clean, quiet, affordable (and you wouldn't have the $35/day parking upcharge) and two blocks catty-cornered from AGPC. I booked the rate online, after searching several sites for that hotel. I don't remember the exact price, but before parking, it was under $100. It just directly across the east alley from Hancock.

If you click their location link, AGPC is across (south) Chicago from point F on the map.

http://www.senecahotel.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks again for your replies I will check into them.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We went to APGC in April and stayed at the Wyndham Hotel just off of the Miracle Mile about 5 blocks or less from AGPC. The Wyndham has a special American Girl Place rate of $179 (or at least that is what it was in Apr) and with taxes it was $206 per night. The hotel was WONDERFUL--clean quiet and the room was generously sized with 2 full beds. I will definitely stay there again, as I'm sure this was just one of many AGPC trips in my future. I researched area hotels extensively for this trip and the Wyndham's AG deal was the cheapest I found by far. If you look on the AG website under AGP there is a list of the hotels that offer the deal with AGP. The only thing bad about the Wyndam was the breakfast we ate there was expensive. Then we found a cafe-style place across the street which had much, much more reasonable food, so we ate there the next day. Hope this helps. Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have successfully used Priceline.com many times for hotels in expensive cities and saved a lot of money. When I used it for Chicago, I got the Palmer House Hilton which was wonderful for $89 per night on a weekend. You can select either the Millenium or Magnificient Mile location. The Palmer House Hilton is very safe, located 7 blocks from the Amtrack station and about 1 mile from AGPC. I love to walk, so I didn't need to be right across the street. Good luck with your trip!