Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not as experienced as you guys at ebay, but I have seen you guys mention that you ask a seller if they will take a certain BIN price. How do you go about doing this?

Thanks!

edited for spelling [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 09, 2006 03:25 PM: Message edited by: agcollector293110 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are referring to listings with a Buy it Now or Best Offer option. If, by the pricing information on the auction, it says "or best offer" you can click on that and submit an offer. If the offer is accepted, you buy the item for that price.

Hope that helps, I don't know that my explanation is very clear. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I am familiar with the Buy it Now option but have never heard of Best Offer. I guess I will just need to wait out the two days on these auctions then. I only need 2 more things of Samantha's retired collection!!!!

ButtercupFlibble

If there are no bids on the item in question, I believe it's acceptable to write the seller and ask "Would you consider putting a Buy It Now on this auction for (insert price here)?", BUT if they do put a BIN on it for you and you decide not to buy it after all, it's rude because they were doing you a favor and it cost them extra listing fees to do it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was always afraid to ask then one day I saw something I wanted and put it on my watch page and an hour later it was gone. The seller had added a buy it now option for someone for way less than I was willing to pay. After that I started asking, but not a whole lot. I once did get a doll for around $30 with an older coconut, coconuts house, non AG fur coat and a few other misc. pieces but usually they say they'd rather not and when they do say yes, most of the time the price they come up with is higher than I want to go. I never thought to ask for a certain price though. I always just ask if they have a buy it now price in mind theywould sell for.

I say if there are no bids go for it. All they can say is no. Good luck!!
    Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found it better to ask if it something you really want. I know several of the Ebay resellers do it alot. I was watching for something about 2 years ago and eveytime I found the item and put it in my watch section the same reseller would get a BIN price put on by emialing the people and then list the stuff even before they had it in hand. So now I email and ask, even on clothes for the girls. Most people are really nice about it, even whe they don't want to add a BIN.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also as long as you don't see down in the questions posted section that the person won't consider a BIN, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask. (I'm a chicken, I probably wouldn't LOL) But like Buttercup said, if you do get the seller to list a BIN just for you, it's best to go ahead and buy it since it did cost the seller extra to add it to the existing auction.

I wonder if you can just switch the auction around to a fixed price though, if there are no bids--that shouldn't cost extra but adding a BIN to an actual auction does. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Say there is one or two bids already, should you then not ask for a buy it now for a higher price than the current one?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sellers can not add buy it now prices if their are bids. They can however sell to the highest bid and end an auction at anytime. I have had a few sellers do that. A lot of the newer sellers with low feedback (but all good) will do that if you ask and likely to do the buy it now. I ask all the time and lots of time have good luck with great prices!

Donna Cotterman

I won an auction for Josefina's table and chairs. The seller also had her birthday items...dishes, flowers..etc. I sent an "Ask a question" and asked her for a BIN price. She agreed and posted. I was so excited and another bidder swooped in a bid just before me. forums
    I was upset and the seller was shocked. We have done business again and still are amazed at how fast that transaction was.
    It doesn't hurt to ask...but remember it is e-bay and things can still happen. ^j^ Mrs. C.