Thread: OT - I'm so bummed

T. Lynn

Red face

I took my real estate test today. I passed the National portion (80 questions) with a B but failed the state test (30 questions) by one lousy question.

Your only allowed to get 9 wrong and I got 10. I'm so mad because I remember changing one of my answers and when I went to the car and looked in my book, I had it correct the first time.

Why did I make such a stupid mistake???

Now I have to retake the state portion. Guess it could be worse. I could have failed both. Now at least I can let some of the other information out of my mind and concentrate on the rules and regulations. I'm just afraid of messing up again since you don't get the same questions.

I'm just so bummed and mad at myself! Just makes me want to cry...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 31, 2006 01:37 AM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I HATE tests like that; I did find in college, going with your first instinct is the best bet most of the time. But that doesn't make your situation any less frustrating! I'll bet with just a little more studying, you'll ace it when you take it again. [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck!

T. Lynn

Thank you. I just needed to vent a little to get it off my chest.

I studied my heart out...but, back to the drawing board. Guess that's why I'm so disappointed. My husband couldn't believe how much effort I was putting into studying.

When I did the practice state exam in the back of the book (45 questions), I got them ALL right. If anything, I thought I had the state portion down pack.

I guess the real one is just worded so tricky or I over thought them or got nervous since it was the first portion I took upon arrival.

There were even some questions that the answers weren't even in my book. Once I got home and read that Chapter 3 times to make sure I wasn't crazy, I went online to find out the answers.

Oh well, I'm studying hard again and going to register to take it Tuesday morning. The earliest I can legally retake is Friday but I work. Guess it gives me the weekend to calm myself down and focus.

Polly Marie

Sorry about the state test. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

I've frozen up on written tests before and know how it feels when you don't meet the criteria.

I bet with just a bit of studying, you'll do great the second time. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was in the Air Force I did several CLEP tests and on a few of them I missed the passing score but like 1 or 2 points. I kicked myself for studying harder. The 3 that I did pass are now applied to my current college and I'm able to gradute in March in stead of next fall.
    I'd give you a hug if I could. When are you going to retest?

T. Lynn

I had to wait till this morning to reschedule. You have to wait for your results to post online.

I chose Tuesday morning. I work tomorrow and Monday is a holiday.

Now I'll be more nervous. It's a 1:15 minutes to get to the test center and then you have to be there 30 minutes early. I leave my house at 6:45 to make sure I'm there by 8:30. Gives me an extra 1/2 hour for traffic or anything that may occur. If you miss the test, you lose your money.

Anyway, Tuesday morning is my new test date and then I have to meet with my office around 11:00 to file new agent paperwork awhile (regardless if I pass or have to retake test again).

I'll be home by late afternoon to get my daughter off the bus so I will keep you posted. Thanks again for everyones kind words. It really helps keep my spirits high more than you know!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's ok everybody messes up or gets nervous sometimes. just study and I'm sure you'll make it next time! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So sorry about your test...sending lots of warm sympathy your way. You're certain to ace it next time!! I always believe things happen for a reason. Maybe you'll meet a new friend at the next test or a great business contact or another AG fan....!