Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had read the new ebay policy on shipping charges last week. What surprised me was the part about insurances (I always pay the insurance on all wins)and only because I know on a couple of auction where I had paid the insurance and to receive the item uninsured. I wasn't to pleased either about being charge the extra. Now to find out the sellers were charging a fee yet doing "self-insurane" and it was allowed. I was burned on on such deal whereas they said they would resend the item, guess they had more then one? Anyway that second item never made it either, but by the time with waiting it then was to late to file a report or feedback.

Not to long ago I won 3 auction by the same seller suppost to be giving a discount on shipping! It ended up costing me $15. to ship with the insurance. The items came together in a padded envelop with postage of $1.95 and not insured. So maybe the envelop cost them a $1. so let's say with gas to drive down to the post office an extra $2 to $3. they made around $10. Oops I guess I paid their listing, % ebay and Paypal fees too.

edit to say...a lesson to be learned to always ask what the discounted shipping is first before bidding!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 02:12 AM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font>

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In a case like this... its best to email the seller and ask if there is a cheaper shipping option (always email through ebay and through the specific listing) If they A)ignore your question or B) say no... report it to ebay (use common sense of course)

My husband use to sell lower units for boats on ebay... and those things aren't light. I never paid much more than $30 and that was on the heavier lower units. I normally charged 25 bucks and that included a reasonable handling fee to cover my packaging parts.

There is NO WAY an AG doll can be justified being shipped for $30 bucks unless the calculator isn't working or they only ship overnight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12