Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard Sandra Tsing Loh's commentary about her experience with AG yesterday. You can read or listen to it at the link below.

I find the commentary irritating on several levels.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/s...200608217.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found that commentary surprisingly pointless, considering that Marketplace is supposed to be about the business world on a global level. That story had nothing to do with, well, anything. (They even as much as said that Jess is a historical girl!)

But there's a contact page! Contact them! They may even read some of the letters on their Friday show. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

If you do write them, please compose your own letter. But mine went:

Regarding Sandra Tsing Loh's experience with American Girl dolls, the company's website repeatedly states that the Asian-American doll Jess and other large dolls are intended for girls eight and older. So it's not surprising her children don't seem to appreciate their value.

But more importantly, ink stains can be removed by putting some Oxy 10 on the offending spot and leaving the doll under a light bulb. Let the light shine down, scraping the Oxy off as it dries up and applying more, until the stain has disappeared. Just be careful not to get any Oxy on the face paint or it will come off too. But try it; you'll be surprised how well it works!

(I meant to say I generally find their show interesting, but I forgot. Oops. [img]redface.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    Regarding Sandra Tsing Loh's experience with American Girl dolls, the company's website repeatedly states that the Asian-American doll Jess and other large dolls are intended for girls eight and older. So it's not surprising her children don't seem to appreciate their value.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, Julie! I hope they do read your letter on the air! And writing to them is not a bad idea.... [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]