Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why were Addy's school supplies retired?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I never would've thought Addy's school supplies would be retired, but I finally noticed they were. WHY? [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img] The girl can't have any school supplies? And with her learning to read and write being a big part of her stories? And then of course Felicity doesn't have her school supplies either. Her tea lesson is important, too. But lets go back to Addy...she seems to have so few accessories on the site. Never really noticed this because Molly is my favorite, but Addy should have a little bit more. Especially her school supplies! To me, accessories MAKE a doll's collection, and a doll with fewer accessories seems left out. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I think Josefina's are retired too. They should both get theirs back.

thepidget

Laura, I've wondered the exact same thing. I think it's terrible if AG has to retire any educational items for the historicals. Argh! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] If I get an Addy someday, I guess I'll make her use Kirsten's school accessories--I suppose that's the next best thing I can do, seeing as how I don't want to shell out tons of money on eBay. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know. It seems weird that they have a desk and nothing to do at it. I don't know why they would retired anything from the school stories. That has always been their focus. Education. I just got back from AGPC yesterday and every time I am their the girls collections look more and more sparce. There are so few accessories in each case.

emsmombuysdolls

I have a conspiracy theory that the reason why Addy's best accessories are retired are because Addy is DD's favorite. I absolutlely HATE paying ebay prices, but some of the stuff is so cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is awful!!!!!
    The school accessories should never be retired!!!!!
    Why are they doing this!!!!

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's hard too imagine AG would retire any of the school items. Makes you wonder what they are thinking. Kids always like to play school.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AG Dress Designer:
    It's hard too imagine AG would retire any of the school items. Makes you wonder what they are thinking. Kids always like to play school.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. Out of all the ways girls can play with their dolls this seems to be one of the most obvious. Not to mention as many of you said the educational value behind them. I know that both Josie and Addy's school supplies have been retired for a few years now. I have a PM set of Addy's things and to be honest its one of my all time favorite accessory sets. The little 'Union Reader' is amazing. I got Josie's supplies on ebay a year ago for a great price and I highly recommend them. I find the school supplies in general to be the most interesting. But thats just me.

Either way, it seems very sad AG continues to retire and not even replace so many accessories for all the historicals. They are taking away the most educational part of these dolls. It makes me a little sad [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just as a note...I have Addy's school supplies...and they are---

FOR SALE

just $40...not quite ebay prices...and harder to find all of the time...

PM me for them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was also thinking Kirsten's supplies might work. Also, I saw some small slates at Constructive Playthings. I don't know if they're small enough for doll size, but they had several sizes and I thought about getting a couple of the smallest ones for Kirsten and Addy. Also...doesn't Addy's double slate come with her double desk? I know it should be available seperately, but at least you can get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast