Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why were Addy's school supplies retired?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hmm... I'm disappointed about Addy's school supplies, too...if you have access, there are some history sites that have scans of old books, and I found some old school readers there. Maybe you could print some out and make your doll some historically accurate schoolbooks... if you don't find any sites, remind me in a few days and I'll try to find them once I'm settled in on campus before classes start.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Molly92:
    I know. It seems weird that they have a desk and nothing to do at it. I don't know why they would retired anything from the school stories. That has always been their focus. Education.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are so right. I'm convinced more and more all the time that the focus is no longer on education and reading as it was originally, but that in the pursuit of profit (not a bad thing in and of itself), they have gradually been abandoning their original mission, vision, and purpose.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget Felicity. I would love to have Felicity's original set, but at least they haven't retired the inkwell (yet)

Brenda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12