Thread: OT: April 15th Today: TAXES!!!

prasnlrd

Well, after working at the IRS for 20 years; this day does not go go by without me taking note of TAX DAY!!

When April 15th falls on a weekend , you have until the following Monday to file your return; So the 2006 due date is 4-17.

If you filed Form 4868 for an automatic extension you have until August 15th to file your tax return. If you need to file for further extension after the 8/15 date; this extension request has to be approved by the IRS and is good until 10/15. Form 2688 is used for this latter extension request.

Remember with these extensions you are required to pay a certain perctanage (90%) of what you estimate your tax to be; if you will be having a balance due.

So, whether you are [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] because you have to pay or are [img]biggrin.gif[/img] because you got a refund (and spent it on AG stuff)....HAPPY TAX DAY!!!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good information to have Sheila, but I'm glad it's over. Now we can get on with the rest of the year.

Happy Doll collecting, and good health to all. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the helpful information. We don't need extra time this year, but it is good to know for the future. Our Tax day is neither [img]smile.gif[/img] nor [img]frown.gif[/img] . We are getting a refund which should arrive just in time to pay the summer property taxes, so in one hand and out the other. [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My friend is glad it's over too!
    Her birthday is on tax day, and she says it can get really annoying..........
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL! I wonder if your friend's parents got their taxes in late the year she was born? [img]wink.gif[/img] .