Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the board: Why are people suddenly bringing up archived posts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bumped up the avatar ones because the question popped up again and why explain it all over again? You can see who popped the thread back up to the top by looking at the last response. Every once and awhile, when I am pruning old threads, I see one that is relevant and bring it back up. I don't know why the PM Sam or Banner one would be relevant anymore, however. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only time I've really noticed it is when there is a disagreement taking place . . . sometimes someone will bump up fun old threads in order to divert attention away from the argument. I've never done this, but have noticed it taking place during those times.

I can't really read the dates on this site. For some reason the font color is almost the same shade as the gray on my monitor, so I never read the dates and don't notice when a thread is really old.

Now that it has been brought to everyone's attention that it bothers people, I can see members doing this when irked, just to "get back" at us. Sometimes it's better not to admit what bothers us. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm the member who bumped up the Elizabeth thread and the plastic vs. wood thread. I hope most members thought these are interesting threads (hence the reason I bumped them) not the annoying type. Sorry, I didn't realize it was so bothersome to some members!

Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It didn't bother me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't bother me either. If I'm confused I ask a question and if I'm bored I click on another topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jessica, both of those threads were great, and very interesting. I'm glad they were bumped up.

I think it's great that we have a huge amount of archived threads, that people can look through if they get bored, or are looking for something specific. And it is helpful when someone is looking for help on something. Sometimes there's a thread with the exact same questions.

I just question the need for bumping weird ones like Nikki's PM Samantha one that was a year old, and the one about the banners, which was, I think, 2 years old.

Oh well, I'll just have to start looking at dates before opening threads up [img]smile.gif[/img] . Not too hard.

13Pumpkins

I've had some confusionw with it as well. But if something is interesting to someone, it might be interesting to others. So I guess if people wnat to do it, its fine with me....
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

It's just weird. I click on a post, read it, and suddenly realize it's a year, or two years, old. And some of the posts that are brought up aren't even help posts either.

Just curious...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 12:27 AM: Message edited by: PrincessRuthie(Laura) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I know Judi bumped up a couple topics on avatar pictures to help other members. I'm not exactly sure why some of the others were bumped up (like the banner-free notice and the "Cuddliest Doll" poll) [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] . It is kind of odd to click on a topic, and be like, "wait a sec, this is from waaaay long ago" [img]confused.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A couple of the threads that were bumped (like the one about Elizabeth) was quite interesting and I am glad someone bumped it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast