Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the board: Why are people suddenly bringing up archived posts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for bringing this up.

It's pretty annoying, imo. I strongly advocate the "ignore something if you don't like it" concept, but I don't look at the dates, just look at the thread and then open it to realize it's 2 years old.

Some of the threads are nice to revive for our newer members, like the "cuddly" doll thread, but some are just plain weird. Someone bumped a post up that Nikki made last year asking if her Samantha was PM. What was the point of bumping that one? Surely Nikki knew by now that her doll wasn't PM. I also loved the Elizabeth thread that adorevintage mentioned, I re-read the entire thing, even though I'd read it when it was first posted [img]smile.gif[/img] . Perhaps we can just use better judgement about what people might want to see brought back up, and which threads people would want to re-read, or even read for the first time 2 years later.

LOL, the one about the board being banner free made me really confused. I couldn't recall the board having banners, so I was quite confused until I opened it and saw it was very old. And I'm still totally unsure why it was bumped back up.

It's not even like the board's been incredibly dead lately (people getting new dolls, and AGPLA opening). If so, I could understand bumping old threads of interest so no one gets too bored, but as it is, it's taking away from the new threads. We don't all have limitless hours to be on the board, and opening up old threads, without knowing they're old, is just taking away from the time we could be opening new ones [img]frown.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 24, 2006 10:33 AM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently wanted to post about the strausburg children's doll dresses I had just purchased. Rather than starting a new thread about these dresses I did a search pulled up an old thread on the same topic and added my own excitement with these dresses. I would rather continue a topic in an old archived thread than start a new one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It wasn't the avatar posts that bothered me either. Just the fact that some random posts were brought up...the cuddliest doll post was written before I joined the board...and that's been almost 2 years.

13Pumpkins

I know of one board that actually will ban people for pulling up to many old threads!

But it hasn't been brought up before, so how was anyone to know?
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not against our rules to bring up old threads. Kit1934 - don't worry about it. It just seemed unusual, but you obviously thought it was interesting. The mods delete most of the OT threads, but leave the informative threads in the archive in case someone wants to do a search. We miss deleting some irrelevant threads because our board is so busy. Bringing up too many old thread has never been a problem in the past so hopefully, it will continue to stay that way. I wouldn't want to see a flood of old posts on the first page.

Felicity_Fan85

Sometimes I look at old posts and I might post which of course bumps them up, but when I post I'm so into reading it that I forget it was old (if that makes sense).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, don't get mad at me for asking a question!
    *cowers behind laptop*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    Hey, don't get mad at me for asking a question!
    *cowers behind laptop*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not mad. It is a good question. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL!!!! I noticed this on some of the posts, but the banner one I had no idea!!!!! I thought it was new!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't see what the big problem is, as long as the topic is imformative to new or existing members. Geesh, I hope this doesn't turn into another cat fight! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12