Thread: Addy's Winter Fun- Mancala Value?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm new here [img]smile.gif[/img] !. I have two dolls-AGT 21 and Samantha. I have been a collector since childhood.

I wanted to ask- what would the value of Addy's Winter Fun set or just the mancala be on Ebay? I have never seen one and found it in a large lot today a a garage sale. The lot is expensive and I am still debating buying it, but if that's valuable I could make my money back. Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen Addy's winter activities sell for $100.00 on ebay, but just the mancala, I don't know. I would guess you could maybe get 10.00 if it is in good condition. Welcome to the board!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like the complete set is there. Thanks!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh and btw, the lot I found early this morning (which the person is generously holding until I decide) includes a PM Addy, three pm outfits, 3 accessory set including the winter set, and a lot of furniture (nightstand, bed, sleigh, etc.). I am trying to decide since Addy's hair is very messed up and the seller wants $200-some dollars for everything. With the winter set, does it sound like a good deal?

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It sounds pretty good to me!

The hair is no problem! you could:

A) Send her to AG Hospital just for a "well visit" where they clean the skin, brush the hair, etc.

OR

B) We've all had expreiences with disgusting doll hair, we could give you tips on special doll hair care right at home with things like downy dunks. I haven't tried it for myself (my sister's PM Felicity REALLY needs one!) but I've seen pics and they come out GREAT!

Oh, and welcome! Just to warn you, once you come hee and get settled in, you're gonna BTB. Trust me, there's no going back. But sometime,s that's a good thing [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Dancin'4'AG

DEFINATELY BUY THE LOT! That iS a GREAT bargin. a addy doll from American girl would cost you a hundred dollars and say if you just bought her bed and quilt with her for retail price....it would run close to 200 hunderd dollars . and retired things will fetch alot as well! keep us updated!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Buy it and sell the stuff that you don't want here...I'd be interested in some of it if you don't want to do ebay.
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by bee3:
    .....includes a PM Addy, three pm outfits, 3 accessory set including the winter set, and a lot of furniture (nightstand, bed, sleigh, etc.). I am trying to decide since Addy's hair is very messed up and the seller wants $200-some dollars for everything. With the winter set, does it sound like a good deal?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES -- definitely buy it! You could put what you don't want on eBay and make ALL of your money back and then some.