Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We're off to AGPLA early tomorrow morning! Yeah! Quick question~we made contact with a Personal Shopper. Assuming we use her, do we tip her? If so, how much? Thanks!

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just asked my mom and she said no, they are not allowed to accept tips. We tried tipping our PS in NY and she said she couldn't accept them.

~Rachel [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a challenge to say enough good things about AG's Personal Shopper service, but I will try--

The neatest thing about the Personal Shopper service is that there is absolutely NO charge for this service! There is no minimum amount of purchase, no commission involved, no tipping, etc.

Your Personal Shopper will set your items aside for you so you don't have to carry them around as you shop, and will check out your purchases in the private Personal Shopping area, so you don't have to wait in line. In the Personal Shopper area (usually a private lounge-type room), you can loll at your ease as you go through your items, and can make last minute decisions ("No, I want THIS instead of THAT, and oh, I forgot to get the other...")--and your PS will go to fetch or swap out any additions or "exchanges" you wish to make. (Mine brought 3 of the same AGP T-shirt, so I could choose just the "right" one!)

If you're choosing a doll, she will be with you as you go through boxes (so you don't feel self-conscious), even bringing out more from the back, until you find the perfect one for you!

She can tell you all about any in-store specials and promotions, and sometimes can even give you a small freebie, such as bookmarks, etc.

A Personal Shopper is a treasure--I wouldn't brave the wilderness of an AGP without one! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said, Robin - I heartily concur! [img]smile.gif[/img]