Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Addy's/Samantha's Ice Cream Freezer?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have both the freezer and the pram and they are now plastic and will be plastic. The sales reps are reading old descriptions. I was told the pram was wood by the agent that read the description of wood but I received plastic. The trend is plastic because it is cheaper. The Barbie influence is taking place already with the new products. Look closely, doesn't the glitzy guitar and keyboard look like large versions for Barbie?? I won't fall for that junk. I may have to shop on Ebay for older, yet better versions of the products.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The wood to plastic thing for Mattel is not new. Think of many things that have gone from wood to plastic. Thomas the Tank Engine toys,(I work for Toy R Us doing that BIG change) Lincon Logs (Yes, it has proven WAY too difficult to make a box of STICKS WITH NOTCHES I mean even the word LOG is the tittle), even the Fisher-Price people (Actually I don't think they're sold anymore but people on this board I am sure can remeber the tiny round people with no arms or legs.)Even the Cabbage Patch dolls there soft bodies became plastic bodies as soon as Mattel took it over. As well as the yarn hair there now just plastic dolls with strange faces. I am looking at my Samantha right now...oh what a horrable thought just passed my mind... Think [img]biggrin.gif[/img] happy thoughts... [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] Think...h-happy thoughts [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Ok better now. [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

BasenjiMama

I've always wondered about the ice cream freezer - has anyone actually made ice cream with it? How much does it make? It looks so tiny I can't imagine it making more than two tablespoons of ice cream. LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is excatly how much it makes supposedly. I have never tried it though I think if I really want ice cream I can just go to the supermarket and buy it. You can tell that the ice cream maker was for Addy becuase in the old books as well of some of the small picures of Samantha's the crank is on the side while Addy's is at the top. This might be a little consolation to the people who want complate collections of Samantha but don't like the plastic ice cream maker. But I am still angry that they made Kaya's saddle out of plastic didn't even give me a chance to buy a wood one. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12