Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addy's/Samantha's Ice Cream Freezer?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I remember at AG place it was plastic but I just called Pleasant Co and they said it was made of Wood and Stainless steel. Whats up with that?
    Tracy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i know the one i have and ordered recently is made of plastic. i wish everything wasn't being converted over to plastic.

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kit_Girl:
    Well I remember at AG place it was plastic but I just called Pleasant Co and they said it was made of Wood and Stainless steel. Whats up with that?
    Tracy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe it's a recent conversion? I want the wooden one!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also want the wooden one. I think I am going to order it this month or next month and I am going to make sure to ask again and explain that some people are getting plastic ones, and that I want a wooden one. We'll see what happens.
    Tracy

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do post what your results are.
    I've been eye-ing the freezer myself for a while and would be quite interested to hear what PC says about your request. I hope it turns out well!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EmilyStrange:
    I've been trying to complete my Samantha collection since I was 8 ! The freezer is one of the 3 things I still need, and I wish it didn't have to be plastic!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too! I'm worried about the pram as well. I just need to get a few of the birthday items and her doll and I'll be a-OK. I wish they would stop changing everything to plastic!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been trying to complete my Samantha collection since I was 8 ! The freezer is one of the 3 things I still need, and I wish it didn't have to be plastic!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not to be a downer or anything they don't advise the reps I just talked today to many of the Ameircan Girl workers none of them knew this. Not much different when they didn't mention the pram being made into plastic they just didn't know. New packageing is being done as well rember how you bought something the box was just a box that you could open and close now they got some sort of space age tape over the box to keep it cloesed (becasue the boxes are getting smaller.)My Kaya shawl of today took almost thirty minutes to unwrap because of that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meg,
    I just got off the phone with a customer service rep. It was really funny that I actually got the same rep that I had talked to the day before. She said that there are 3 call centers and lots of customer service reps.

Anyway, I had asked her yesterday if the ice cream freezer was now being made with plastic, because the description on the internet for Addy's freezer says it is wooden and metal. Samantha's freezer is the same freezer, with the same code, but it does not say in its description what it is made of. The rep told me today that she spoke with a buyer for the company and that the freezer is wooden and has always been wooden. When I asked her about Samantha's pram. She said it was made out of pressed wood and not plastic. Only Angelina's pram is made out of plastic.

I don't have Samantha's pram or the ice-cream freezer, but would like both. I don't want plastic stuff because I think it looks cheap. The information I have gotten from this rep is conflicting with what I am hearing from all of you. Do you think she knows what she is talking about?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O.K., I called and got another rep just to see what she would say. She read me the detailed description that the reps have for Addy AND Samantha's freezers. It says that they are made of wood and metal. Then she put me on hold and asked the product rep about it. That person told her that the vendor has not changed and the product has not changed. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast