Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Tips: Why do I ALWAYS want a doll?!

Polly Marie

One way is to realize that you can't have a doll museum with every doll you think of as beautiful. Determine how many dolls you need for your place and lifestyle. Once you've determined that number and have that many dolls, do not buy another doll until you get rid of one you have!
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    I think I need to take my own advice!
    <font color="red">I know I need to !</font> [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know I am being really dense, but what does EOYBA stand for?

Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh dear I am right there with you all ... I seem under a spell by these little beauties [img]wink.gif[/img] I just cant get them out of my mind day and night [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I think people think i cant talk about anything else ... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] These poor souls just dont have a clue . HEHe I just got A pm Addy and A kailey and a 1st edition Josefina , And All i can think of is finding that specialWhite body Little Molly girl that needs me to take care of her ...Now Am i nuts and have completely lost it .. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] oh well at least i am in good company Right,,, HEHEH Diane

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Polly Marie:
    ----I think I need to take my own advice!
    <font color="red">I know I need to !</font> [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YOU SURE DO HONEY!<font color="red">...Mwahahahahaaaaa...</font>

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW:
    [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] HEEEEEY! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] You are one of those "ENABLERS"...HB!!!...DON"T LISTEN TO HER!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EOYBA = Empty Out Your Bank Account

Why not take some dolls and outfits, and put them in a box wioth a future date marked on it, and not open it until then. Then you have something to look forward to that doesn't cost money. Or, why not make some things for your dolls. Maybe hair scrunchies to match outfits, or Fimo food? Then you have something new to play with!

Felicity_Fan85

I feel that way too sometimes. There are so many that I want- but no money... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea; I'm very happy to have 2 dolls. But, that won't stop me from throwing out random ideas. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Have you tried writing stories for each of them? Making albums? Imagining their amazing adventures? New hairstyles? Take turns having a special day for each of your dolls? Dee's ideas seem great.

(I AM having the same problem with OUTFITS, though. I just bought a new doll and an outfit less than a month ago, just made Nellie a nightgown a week ago, but I STILL want that swimsuit...agh!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if these things will work for you, but here are some bonding ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One of the first things I did with Joanie was watch LOST with her. I got her about midway through the first season, and every week I'd prop her up next to me and we'd enjoy it together. It was nice to have a special thing to do with her. I think it helped me bond with her a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think it also helps to go through your AG clothes and find the outfit each doll is in the "mood" for. My Felicity was beautiful, but I couldn't bond with her very well until I put her in modern jeans and a T-shirt. She brightened right up. [img]smile.gif[/img] I like her so much more now, and it's easier for me to imagine her personality.

I like to think about what the girls are doing, pursuing their own interests. I have a miniature copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and sat Joanie down with it the other day. Now presumably the girls have read it [img]wink.gif[/img] , and have their own favorite characters and parts. Joanie loves Puck, and Felicity can't decide if her favorite is Helena or Hermia. They think it would be fun to be in a play. (Don't remind them that there's a Grecian princess outfit...LOL!)

I like what's been said about writing (or at least making up) stories for them. It brings them to life a little bit more. There's a line in book "A Little Princess" where a little girl asks Sara if her doll can really move and have her own adventures. Her response was something like, "Of course. At least I believe she can. At least I pretend I believe she can. And that makes it seem as if it were real." It seemed to help Sara bond with her doll Emily, and I think it's a good idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Different ways to bond with dolls work for different people. I hope that you can find something wonderful to help you enjoy your dolls more.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 27, 2006 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Avione ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really know excatly what you mean Elle. So I'm not sure I can be much help. But as someone mentioned here before, try writing a story for them. If your not into writing, just think about it. Think about their family, friends and their historical background. Expand what you know about them. I do this all the time, and it seems to make me more intreasted in the doll. Hope this helps. Dollies are very hard not to buy. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12