Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it were me, I would NOT send her to the hospital for a new head. [img]eek.gif[/img]

The white-bodied dolls were the first ones ever made--at that time, they were made in Germany, and the facemolds and face-color are exquisite!

Nowadays, the dolls are made for Mattel, in China, and the hair and facemolds are completely different, and not at all the same quality. (Also, if the head's color doesn't match the doll's limbs' color exactly, the AG Hospital has been known to just replace the whole doll! This may be good if you want a play doll for a child, but to a collector, the "waste" of a white-bodied Molly would be tragic!)

If I were you, I'd look on the doll supply websites, and get your Molly a new wig. Re-wigging is very easy, and there's lots of help and instructions in the doll-restoration stickies at the top of the message board's first page! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with your lovely white-bodied Molly! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

If she has a white body, I would definately rewigg. The head wouldn't quite match if you sent her to the hospital. There are a lot of very knowledgable ladies who would gladly help you. You got her for quite a deal! If you are not too into the white body thing, maybe someone here will trade with you. There are also a lot of ladies who would love to restore Molly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="royalblue">Heres a pic of my WB Molly [img]smile.gif[/img]

Her hair was totally wild, and half missing, so i simply re-wigged her as i wanted the gorgeous face features and the eyes.... [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

4032929368"

<font color="royalblue">(Okay, what have i done wrong in my tag ?? )

Ill link it instead .... [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] </font>

<font color="RED"><u>**REWIGGED WB MOLLY**</font></u>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 28, 2006 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Aussiemum ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations! [img]tongue.gif[/img] That's awesome that she has a white body...but of course now I'm a little bummed. I was going to bid myself, but then I forgot about the auction. It's all good, though, since I won the AGoT 10 I wanted.

Just a thought, you could rewig her with a long red wig and sell her to me...just kidding! [img]wink.gif[/img] Good luck finding a good wig!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First let me apologize, since I have no pictures to show you...
    I won this auction off ebay last week:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EAFB%3AIT&rd=1
    She came today and she has a white body. Her head looks to be slimmer too.

I had planned on sending her in for a new head (because of the hair) Do you think this is a good idea? Do you think the new head will be the right size?
    I'm about to leave-I have class this afternoon. I'll be back tonight!
    Thanks in advance!
    Amy