Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been watching Felicity's work dress for some time now on ebay, and I just now finally won it at a price that was acceptable to me.

I always use www.auctionsniper.com as a sniping service. It keeps me out of bidding wars and if everyone used them, I think the prices on ebay would stay down a little. Of course, when I'm a seller, I wouldn't like that. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Anywhooo, auctionsniper also has a program where you can create "folders" of items, like every Felicity work dress that I found went into that folder of bids. I would just continually place the same bid, and the service would bid accordingly, but only until I have WON an auction. Then it won't place any bids on any of the remaining items that are in the same folder.

I've missed out on at least 6 of them so far because I was outbid somewhere in the process, but I had a specific amount in mind that I was willing to spend. I finally just now won the complete dress, scarf, and mobhat, so I'm a happy camper now!

Just thought I'd share if others don't know about this service,

Laurie

T. Lynn

Just curious, what do you have your lead time set at? I'd like to try this service once and see how I make out.

prasnlrd

I really need to get this service...I guess...I have forgotten too many auction endings and missed some nice items; namely a few days ago [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] the retired AGT Meet Outfit #3(Red Vinyl Jumper) hat. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I guess I need to stop being A "Miss Cheap Lady" (like Kirsten says)

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How much does this snipe service cost?

Kalisa

I have never used sniper service. My computer and internet service is pretty fast and I have had good luck sniping on my own so far...knock on wood. But that is something I may check into in the future, just in case. [img]wink.gif[/img] Congrats on your win! Dolly things are fun to get!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I usually set my bid at 5 seconds or sometimes even 3 seconds.

The nice thing about using the service instead of sniping on your own is that you can really wait till just the last few seconds, I've never been able to be assured of that on my computer, AND...the biggest thing is that I don't have to be sitting here waiting on auctions, or like some have already said...missing to bid because I forgot about them!

The fees for the service are very miniscule, and you only pay if you actually win. It's all very worth it to me.

Laurie

T. Lynn

Thanks. I did read in the "help" section that it suggested 7 seconds for ebay incase of high internet times or weekends. I'll have to check into that more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My problem with sniping is that I always try to lowball and so I never win.

(Sheila, I don't think Kirsten would call YOU a Cheap Lady, though; you have enough dolls, and they all seem very well-dreseed! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glad you won the dress!

I just won't use a snipe. I buy way more than I should on EBAY, and I can usually time it down to the last seconds. Using a snipe would make my EBAY habits far worse, LOL. if I lose an item, it's normally because someone has surpassed my maximum bid. I tell myself that if I don't win a given item, the Fates are telling me it wasn't meant to be.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congratulations on winning Felicity's Work Dress! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I use sniper services sometimes, I love them because you just submit your highest bid, forget about the auction, and don't get into any bidding wars.