Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think someone else posted disappointment in Emily's sweater. We just received our Emily/accessories today and the sweater is very cheaply made and almost looks too small. I am very happy about the quality of her dress and her wig though. AND she has the Pleasant Company stamp on the back of her head! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Anybody else not happy with the sweater? I have never complained to AG about anything before and I hesitate to now because it isn't THAT awfully bad, just disappointing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember another post about someone else being disappointed with Emily's sweater. I, on the other hand, really like it. It fits nicely in my opinion and I am glad its not bulky. It reminds me of the kind of everyday cardigan I had when I was little. If you don't like the set, I would certainly send it back.

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Starling, could you please take a picture of your Emily's wig so I can see the part in her hair? Is there a lot of white wig showing? I would greatly appreciate it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I checked the wig as soon as it arrived and then checked it again before I put the doll away in the closet (it is a CHristmas present). There is absolutely NO white wig showing. I will TRY to post pictures tomorrow morning. I am VERY happy with the doll AND after putting the sweater on her I am happy with it as well. It is light weight and I was expecting a heavier sweater but it also reminds me of the lightweight sweaters I used to wear as a school girl when girls weren't supposed to have their bare arms showing even when it was rather warm out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So your Emily has no white wig/white scalp showing where the part in her hair is? Do you think customer service will think I am nuts if I ask them to find one like that? I always wonder if they think I'm incredibly picky? I wish I could go to AGP to pick out my own. I would love a picture if you get a chance!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We just got our Emily yesterday. There isn't any of the white wig showing when her hair is down, but there is a white line for her part and it looks like dried glue. We CAN see the wig when my daughter turns the doll upside down. Then you see a lot of the white. She was like "what is that?" I have never seen it on any other doll before this one (We have 2 AGT, 2 historical, biddies and the twins).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I am talking about the white line for her part. It does look like dried white glue to me too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really like the sweater. It's thin, but it does remind me of the sweaters I wore as a child in the 50's. I love that it actually does button too.