Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You, all of you...get behind me in line. LOL. [img]eek.gif[/img]

I do hope we can all find the sari of our dreams. [img]smile.gif[/img] I also wish AG would market international costumes for dolls. I think they would be a real seller. My Twinn has a new line (not great IMO but better than nothing) and even Build-a-Bear online has international costumes for your stuffees. So c'mon...get with the progam, AG!!!

Laura, I think I remember your Halloween photo of a doll in a sari...was that made by you draping fabric? You did a good job, if memory serves me.

I am turning a newly purchased EBAY #15 (blame Prasnlrd...no really, this time it IS her fault) into a girl of East Indian ancestry. While she will be a modern girl, I want her to have traditional dress for special occasions. Hence my search for sari...and even more elusive salwar kameez (which ought to be easier to make...I'm surprised no one has done so...hint, hint).

[img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 09:26 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, I'll bite. What is a salwar kameez? [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live near a street(Devon Ave)in Chicago where there is a whole area of Sari shops! I've thought about going down there and asked if any of them carry anything for dolls

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, hmm who can I blame for getting me interested in 15 lately and finding her recently (about a month ago) on ebay, haha. I guess I saw her in Sheila's album plus others as well and just decided I needed her! Good idea to make her the East Indian, that should be gorgeous.

There is another lady I can contact for East Indian style tunics and pants if anyone is interested. I'm in an AG swap group with her. The ladies in this swap group are mega talented.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cherry, a salwar kameez is essentially a flowing tunic down to the knees (some are shorter, but that's the length I prefer) over flowing, elastic waisted pant. Very popular and probably simple to make if I had a smidgen of time and any talent at all with the needle! More info here: http://www.salwarkameezindia.com/salwar-kameez.htm

Tari, yes, blame Prasnlrd for all things connected with AGOT#15. She's been taunting me for weeks with photos of her Rachel Naomi!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 06, 2006 08:15 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12