Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be going to AGPLA soon and wondered a few things....

Do they carry everything there?

Also, do they have the same prices as online, particularly the specials? Or do they ever have any other specials?

I am wondering if I should go ahead and order some stuff, or if I should just wait and get it all at AGPLA.

One last question-does AG usually come out with free shipping before the holidays? I've already got a small christmas stash, but wondered if I might be tempted to get even more!

Thanks for any help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jeanette-
    Thanks for the heads up on the shipping/taxes. I sometimes forget that California doesn't offer us Oregonians tax exemption. Unfortunately, I doubt that my DD will let anything out of her grasp long enough to be shipped! We'll see though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are you flying or driving? If you are on a plane, it might be difficult to carry all your purchases with you - maybe your daughter would be content to keep out one doll and ship the rest. Although, when we drove to LA for the store opening, I wanted to keep everything with me so I could play with it in the hotel, so we just paid the sales tax instead of shipping. [img]redface.gif[/img]

thepidget

Just wanted to add...

AGPLA carries everything, but they won't carry everything that's on sale on the AG website. (I don't mean the monthly sale items.) For instance, Addy's striped dress and Molly's aviator outfit will not be offered there.

However, what's interesting is that I saw Kit's waffle iron set at AGPLA a month ago even though everyone said it had retired. I don't know if they still offer it, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were just there a couple weeks ago. I brought a printout of the sale price for the Tropical Breezes outfit. I asked a PS in the PS lounge. She had to call a supervisor. When the supervisor came, I asked, and it was no problem at all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't answer all your questions, but I can speak to the specials. The only way to get the specials prices at AGP is to take in a print out of the webpage with the sale price. You need a copy of the page for every item you plan to buy. However, I have heard AGPLA will not honor the prices even with the printouts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are going to love AGP - it's like the most magic store ever!

Everythings that is in the catalog or online is also available at the store; plus the stores carry wonderful outfits and merchandise that is available at the stores only.

The prices at the stores are the same as the regular online prices. Discounts and online specials are not honored at AGPLA, although I have known the Chicago store to honor online sale prices if you carry in with you a print-out from the online site of each individual item with its sale price listed.

Unfortunately, I have never known there to be a free shipping code available during the last few months before Christmas.

Just a heads-up - since you are not a California resident, you can opt to have AGP ship your purchases home for you rather than carry them home yourself. This way you are not charged sales tax on the items you ship; and unless your purchase is less than about $120, it will save you money. Shipping charges from the stores are the same as online or catalog shipping.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is good news, tallpkb! I thougt it was too bad that they wouldn't do that before in LA, when I had been with a friend who had the sale honored with a printout in AGPC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I may just have to bring in a print out or two!